VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Do you love solving problems by deploying and maintaining technology that makes life simpler and more productive for our colleagues? If so, we want you to join our Technology Operations team here at VillageMD.
What are examples of work that the Director, Technology Service Improvement will do at VillageMD?
- Collaborate with technology and clinical leadership to create a truly stand-out employee experience – How do we make employees lives better with technology?
- Analyze existing processes and methodologies to determine opportunities for process improvements that are scalable and leverages automation / orchestration.
- Leverage Lean methodologies for continuous improvement & standardization; as well as team-up with clinical ops and tech teams to streamline processes and champion cross-functional service improvement plans.
- Own and manage employee onboarding and offboarding process & ensure defect free experience as well as compliance adherence
- Design & Run Employee Services Program
- Review End User Technology and propose improvements
- Design Employee Training Courses (i.e. how to leverage MS-Teams features)
- Run Employee Advisory Board (ideas and feedback loop)
- Design & Run Employee Satisfaction Program for Technology Services
- Includes running surveys, post-survey improvement plans
- Design & Run Continual Service Improvement program for Technology Services
- Build and guide a team of technicians to continuously improve employee experience.
What will make you successful here?
- Be a leader that engenders trust by digging into the details and taking personal accountability for the services and your actions, every day.
- Have a vision, execute blocks of work, and remain flexible using the right amount of process.
- Continuously create value that is palpable.
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego.
The following experience is relevant to us:
If you have experience running Enterprise Technology functions AND you have passion for Continuous Service Improvement (CSI), then let’s talk about this role.
- 5-7 years of practical experience implementing Lean principles in ITSM world
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience supporting varying technologies in healthcare world
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a must (Kanban, Sprint)
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence a huge plus
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills is an absolute must
- Deep and platform-agnostic understanding of ITIL model, ITIL certification a huge plus
- Experience analyzing large data sets to identify problem trends along with an eye on areas of opportunity which can have biggest impact on Employee Experience
- Entrepreneurial minded with a bias for action that’s balanced with pragmatism and process.
- A proven track record of driving change and delivering results including service improvement for both in house and vendor provided services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.