Director, Technology Service Operations at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Service Operations will for provide leadership and direction over multiple Service Management teams responsible for managing the operation, availability, and resiliency of Discover's customer and business facing applications & systems. This role is responsible for ensuring consistent and appropriate management of our operational environment and performance of our in-scope Service Management processes. This leader will build and maintain a highly effective Service Management Leadership team and collaborate and work with the Vice Presidents in Infrastructure Services as well as the broader Business Technology (BT) to be effective.
- Accountable for support on a broad range of technology to the employees, business partners, and customers
- Minimize duration and frequency of outages within our production environment
- Leads the BT Command Center and accountable for Incident & Problem Management Processes as well as other ITSM areas
- Ensure consistency of operations across all areas of support
- Establish and track to appropriate OKRs to measure operational effectiveness
- Partner with other Technology and Business Leaders to gather feedback to enable the identification of pain points, inefficiencies and opportunities for process education and advocacy
Project / Employee Leadership
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to Directors and their teams
- Attract, onboard and develop/retrain talent to achieve the strongest Leadership team possible
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning within the teams
- Responsible for managing the Service Operations budget/financial as well as partnering with Product Engineering for project prioritization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, engineering or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of risk management experience in Service Operations, Application Development, Computer Systems, Software Development, Programming, Platform Development, or a related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.