Director, Telecom Industry Architecture at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies and Forbes Magazine’s #1 Most Innovative Company in a highly visible role with massive potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in a Telecommunications, Media and Technology Global Vertical Solutions and Go-To-Market organization. We’re building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform these industries leveraging ServiceNow’s powerful digital workflow platform.
Join a team that will fundamentally re-shape the Telecom sector, helping leading mobile and fixed communication services companies transform their customer service and network operations, as well as work with the most disruptive BSS/OSS partners in the world. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a seasoned and experienced Telecom Industry Architecture professional to join our Global Vertical organization. The ideal candidate is a Telecom industry expert with experience in helping telecom companies transform their systems and business processes, especially in terms of customer service and/or network operations domains. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in this sector. S/he has experience in architecting complex, comprehensive and integrated software solutions for the telecom industry. And s/he is passionate about how cloud-based software products can help accelerate the transformation of the telecom industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s senior technical expert for the Telecom industry. The Director, Telecom Industry Architecture will collaborate with customers and partners to create the best practice ServiceNow solution architecture for the industry, as well as help key accounts to fine tune this architecture to their unique needs. This individual will become the trusted advisor of our customers, product organization, sales teams and partners, as well as support our industry leadership team in making strategic decisions.Qualifications
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience: 12+ years working in the IT group of a telecom company, or playing an senior enterprise architect and/or solution consulting role in a software company that sells to telecom organizations. Familiarity with customer care and network operations processes and the landscape and patterns of the core systems of a telecom company, preferably including customer service and/or operations.
2) Solution Architecture Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solution architectures for telecom organizations. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand the telecom IT ecosystem, explain how the solution integrates with this ecosystem, and help provide best practices for successful transformations in the telecom industry.
3) Strategic Decision Making: Influence our product organization on technological and architectural considerations for our telecom industry products. Ability to provide management insight and understanding on customer implementations and best practice deployment architectures to help identify the ideal target segments for ServiceNow.
4) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with global sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to architect the best industry solution for each customer. Experience enabling sales teams on the telecom industry IT landscape, and help them develop the ideal architecture for key solution-based opportunities.
5) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Product Management, Professional Services, Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Telecom industry strategy.
6) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute compelling internal and external content, including telecom IT ecosystem overview, telecom use case analysis, solution blueprint / architecture, and alignment to TMForum standards.
7) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to customer audiences and build credibility around the ServiceNow solution architecture for telecom companies.
- 12+ years of experience working in or selling into the Telecom industry, with deep knowledge of operational business processes, preferably including the customer service and/or network operations domains
- Ideal candidates would have extensive experience in transforming a telecom company (either as an IT business or IT), have been involved in planning, architecting and delivering telecom transformation projects.
- Software Solution Engineer and/or Software Architecture experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
- Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases and IT ecosystem in Telecom
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners, product teams and sales organizations
- Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
- Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.