Director/Sr. Director, Operations (Logistics) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
At Grubhub, we strive to achieve and maintain the Grubhub experience: the most transparent, fastest, lowest cost, highest quality, and most precise delivery network in the world. We are looking for an experienced leader to help deliver this vision and lead the strategy for our market and driver operations teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Determine the short and long term plan and priorities for the market and driver teams -- ensuring full alignment to grubhub’s vision and goals
- Establish metrics for everything -- cost, speed, quality, service etc. and leverage the data to make sound business decisions
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure we continually enhance the Grubhub experience - automation is a top priority
- Build strong relationships across product, engineering, support, and other Grubhub teams - collaboration is key as we move fast and need to work together to get things done
You Should Have
- 10+ years experience in strategy, operations, engineering, analytics, or logistics
- 8+ years experience with a track record of success leading teams and organizations
- Strong ability to influence across all levels of the organization (both within and external to market and delivery operations)
- Superior flexibility and ability to navigate (and help others succeed in) an ever-changing environment with moving business targets
- Advanced level understanding in operational metrics, process improvement, and data analysis in Excel pivot tables and Tableau -- SQL if a plus
- High endurance, high integrity, and sky-high expectations for self and others
- Experience working w/ technical systems help drive a best-in-class technology platform -- Engineer degree a plus.
- Travel may be required, no more than 25% each month
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.