About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are hiring for a Driver Specialist position in our Portland location. The Driver Specialist is responsible for the post drive experience for Independent Contractor (IC) Drivers within their specific area. They will monitor specific metrics and work internally and cross functionally to ensure delivery partners are satisfied and meeting or executing company growth needs. This position is essentially the delivery partners eyes, ears, and voice to Area Management.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Growing and maximizing engagement within your driver network - work with regional operations team on programming, events, and individual driver outreach
- Assist in efforts to help your area run smoothly by conducting restaurant visits, holding driver town halls, and testing out Grubhub delivery in your area
- Serve as the point person for your active driver base - communicating quickly and professionally via phone and email to address inquiries with accuracy and urgency
- Oversee driver scheduling process by using data to determine daily volume needs, verifying availability to support such needs, and communicating with local team
- Responsible for inventory management, efficient distribution of equipment and promotional items
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success and want to grow within a top tech company. Thinking on your feet and openness to develop a diverse skill set while wearing different hats is a must. Finally, willingness to grow, take on responsibility, and learn as much as possible is what will set candidates apart. This position is ideal for a competitive, good natured individual driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Driver and/or personnel management experience is preferred
- Recruiting or community organizing experience is preferred
- Previous experience with applicant tracking system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbally and written) and leadership ability
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize various activities a must
- Data oriented- must be able to analyze data and report on metrics
- Service oriented- must be friendly, positive, and handle difficult situations
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of Google Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.