Driver Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are hiring for a Driver Specialist position. The Driver Specialist is responsible for the post drive experience for Independent Contractor (IC) Drivers within their specific area. They will monitor specific metrics and work internally and cross functionally to ensure delivery partners are satisfied and meeting or executing company growth needs. This position is essentially the delivery partners eyes, ears, and voice to Area Management.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Growing and maximizing engagement within your driver network - work with regional operations team on programming, events, and individual driver outreach
- Assist in efforts to help your area run smoothly by conducting restaurant visits, holding driver town halls, and testing out Grubhub delivery in your area
- Serve as the point person for your active driver base - communicating quickly and professionally via phone and email to address inquiries with accuracy and urgency
- Oversee driver scheduling process by using data to determine daily volume needs, verifying availability to support such needs, and communicating with local team
- Responsible for inventory management, efficient distribution of equipment and promotional items
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success and want to grow within a top tech company. Thinking on your feet and openness to develop a diverse skill set while wearing different hats is a must. Finally, willingness to grow, take on responsibility, and learn as much as possible is what will set candidates apart. This position is ideal for a competitive, good natured individual driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Driver and/or personnel management experience is preferred
- Recruiting or community organizing experience is preferred
- Previous experience with applicant tracking system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbally and written) and leadership ability
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize various activities a must
- Data oriented- must be able to analyze data and report on metrics
- Service oriented- must be friendly, positive, and handle difficult situations
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of Google Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.