EDI/ePro Support Specialist
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Has knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a technical production support environment.
- Requires high level of technical acumen in assessing customer needs quickly in a production environment to address post production support requests
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Becomes proficient with high level eProcurement document processing streams. Know how to identify essential information.
- Observes, receives, and obtains information from all relevant sources, and utilize this to resolve a wide variety of system generated errors with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Develops the ability to anticipate potential post production system issues by evaluating data and trends to escalating any abnormalities found.
- Follows technical specifications and process documentation as available, in addition to documenting all variable process steps for individual reference.
- Communicates effectively with others in writing or phone as indicated by the needs of the customers, suppliers and internal business partners.
- Completes assigned tasks, based on priority within the defined service level agreement, and tracks daily work for metric reporting purposes.
- Develop approaches for implementing continuous improvement, using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses for assigned tasks.
- Develops increasing proficiency of applications and systems used in the daily management of the technical support work. (i.e.Sterling Integrator, SAP, Ultra Edit, XML Spy, JIRA, ERMS; ClearSpider, CribMaster and various databases).
- Ability to manually review and manipulate various data formats. (i.e. eProcurement formats: IDOCxml, cxml, xcbl, EDI, positional and proprietary; Keepstock DB)
- Associate's degree preferred
- 3+ years' experience in eProcurement or in a related area
- Technical background
- ePro experience would be a plus
- Experience working with internal business partners and customers over the phone or in person
- Great communication skills
- Naturally curious
- Detail Oriented
- Great follow up skils
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.