End- Point Administrator at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our portfolio of brands (Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus, and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Endpoint Administrator, Applications & Systems, is a key position in our success of delivering an amazing endpoint experience to our Grubhub population. This role is based in Chicago, and reports to the Manager of Applications & Systems. The Endpoint Administrator is responsible for maintaining end point applications, security and standards, while working with IT Engineering and Service Desk to provide excellent customer service and end-user experience for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, test, and build common application installation scripts and packages for deployment of internal and third-party applications to Windows and macOS endpoints
- Performs log collection and analysis, working with vendors’ support engineers as needed, to diagnose issues and recommend resolutions.
- Testing and deploying OS upgrades, OS patches and application patches globally
- Manage these software deployments in Microsoft SCCM and Jamf Pro
- Detecting and eliminating technical issues in complex systems, utilizing monitoring and other analysis tools to ensure optimal system performance.
- Help smooth onboarding and offboarding experience / continue to improve new hire processes
- Produce documentation for: IT Engineering, Service Desk and End users
- Assist in project deployments when required.
- Research and investigate new desktop technologies and make recommendations on how they could be used or benefit
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field experience
- Strong understanding of PC/Mac operating systems, applications, networks, and hardware
- Background and 2 + years of experience in IT Service Desk operations and issue resolution plus,
- 2+ years managing Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) required
- 2+ years of experience administering Jamf Pro required
- A willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated, self-directed and customer service focused
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to tailor communications for the intended audience.
- Be able to perform all the tasks that we ask of the Service Desk technicians
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.