Energy Management Systems Team Lead
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Manage and Develop Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists: responsible for training, development, and management of their respective Operations team and its members. This position is responsible for the daily performance management of all Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists. Team Leads must monitor and ensure that their teams are in compliance with the guidelines of the SMS Employee Handbook and departmental requirements. The Team Lead will also serve as the main point of contact for ensuring Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists adhere to proper time and attendance and scheduling/overtime regulations and procedures. This position will collaborate with their Operations team to discuss their business on a regular basis. This includes organizing and conducting regular meetings to ensure efficient operations of their team.
- Internal and External Relationship Building: This position plays a key relationship building role both as an internal liaison between Operations Specialists and other departments and as a key contact for internal customers. This position is responsible for understanding our Affiliate network to balance workload against Affiliate capacity and Client response window SLAs to achieve positive results for regard to each. Communication should include, but is not limited to, any process or performance concerns. Team Leads are also expected to effectively communicate internally with the Queue team, Follow-up team, Account Operations, Affiliate team, and other Shared Service teams to deliver, follow up on, and act on feedback accordingly to achieve stated SLAs
- Technical Expertise: expertise in the Qualification and dispatch (Q&D) protocol for assigned clients & responsible for their team’s understanding of the scope of work. Included in the Q&D protocol, is the ability to review energy data to troubleshoot impacted tickets and provide Affiliates with actionable intelligence related to the issues at hand. Possess a full understanding of and ability to train others on the company’s systems and processes are essential to this position.
- Customer Reporting: participate in internal management and customer meetings, ability to build a logical argument/case to support analytical findings.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop others
- Experience managing performance, instituting performance improvement plans, etc.
- Ability to provide instruction, training and guidance to others
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Comfortable organizing and leading individual and group meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email with customers/affiliates
- Enjoys interacting with customers, is open-minded, and not afraid to pick up the phone to work through a problem or opportunity
- Strong Microsoft product skills, very strong Excel skills, and a facility for numbers - understand how to manage a spreadsheet
- Driven by numbers/measures and comfortable in environment with heavy emphasis on customer service and satisfaction metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate
- High integrity
- Flexibility, adaptability and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 5+ years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- 2-5 years experience interpreting/evaluating data from energy management systems
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading individuals and/or small teams
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Experience in a trade is a plus
- Experience in facilities industry is a plus
- Professional, relevant examples of solving tough customer issues
- Travel requirements: none/very minimal
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
Read Full Job Description