ENGINEER – ITSM ADMIN/INTEGRATION
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Sr. IT Application Engineer plays a critical role in engineering, design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and implementation of the ITSM and related tools in our highly collaborative and fast paced environment. They are responsible for documents, and support the ITSM tools, while supporting ITSM Processes and Functions in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This position works closely with cross-functional teams to understand their business needs and translate them into functional/technical requirements. They suggest innovative solutions to leverage technology to provide dynamic and efficient tools. The Sr. Application Engineer leads and/or participates in development, implementation and integration activities of the ITSM and related Tools and Processes.
- Administer, maintain, enhance, and implements strategic and complex solutions as they adhere to our ITSM/ ITIL processes and application.
- Build, test and apply enhancements and upgrades within test and production environments.
- Resolve ITSM support issues and coordinates vendor escalation.
- Provide proactive recommendations to maximize system usability and availability.
- Perform ITSM implementation tasks including, but not limited to: requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, integration, and testing.
- Develop, administer and maintain integrations (process and system) and automation between ITSM and dependent systems/applications – fully utilizing the platform’s workflow capabilities.
- Partner with vendors on product enhancements and system upgrades to assure system optimization and project completion.
- Monitor health, usage, system logs and overall compliance of the application.
- Create custom solutions, dashboards, analyze and distribute reporting data regarding service level commitments for Business and IT service owners’.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and refine customer requirements to build new, or improve existing, ITSM workflows.
- Advance adoption of ITIL practices by facilitating implementation.
- Define, develop, and manage SLAs, OLAs, KPIS, dashboards, reports, metrics, for ITSM processes, scorecards, and performance plans identifying trends, process improvement opportunities, automation and aligning with the business needs.
- Analyze, design, maintain, audit, integrate, and promote service management processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Configuration Management (CMDB), research and present best practices using ITIL as a guiding framework. Drive for continuous improvements and ensure teams are following the processes.
- Write or revise program documentation, operations documentation, user guides and training manuals for ULTA’s ITSM tool and assist in training Ulta Associates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications. Assists with specified procedures.
- Programming/Software Development - Carries out the design, testing, and documentation moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
- Systems Integration: Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software. Liaises with software developers, and creates software builds for loading onto the target hardware from software source code.
- Project Management: Defines, documents and carries out small projects. Carries out project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and documents activities against the project schedule, liaising with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, documents feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Capacity Planning: Develops and maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management. Pro-actively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
- Customer Service Support: Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Availability Management: Provides advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation and remediation of all SLA breaches. Plans arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manages the testing of such plans.
- Incident Management: Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Innovation: Manages, monitors, and seeks opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities and products to the advancement of the organization. Clearly articulates, and formally reports potential benefits from both structural and incremental change. Promotes and motivates colleagues to share creative ideas and learn from failures.
- Service Acceptance: Engages with technical design, service owners, and/or PMO to ensure correct products are produced, in a timely fashion. Assesses the quality of project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria.
- Testing: Documents requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions. Assists with identifying test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to requirements. Documents test activities and results. Assists with the identification and reporting of issues and risks.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years of progressive IT application engineering experience,
- Technical support with knowledge and ability to implement (but not limited to) Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, CMDB
- Must be proactive, self-directed, organized, detail oriented, and able to assimilate information quickly
- Experience developing and implementing (but not limited), Workflows, Forms, Views, One-Steps, Expressions, Conditions, Approval Processes Web Services, Business Rules, APIs, Portals.
- Prefer experience designing, upgrading, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining Cherwell 9.5 or other ITSM tools
- Ability to devise or modify procedures to solve business problems using good information technology techniques, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the hardware/software, system response time, and form of desired results
- Strong experience in analytical, ability to diagnose application software and hardware problems, group facilitation, relationship management, problem solving, ability to conceptualize solutions to business problems in the most effective and cost efficient manner
- Strong team player with proven experience to lead collaborate effectively with other IT and Business Teams
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to follow-up, follow through and deliver quality and timely results
- Able to prioritize workloads and adjust schedule to meet deadlines
- Solid knowledge of industry best practices and technical systems
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)