What we expect:
As Network Engineer (F5 & DNS), you’ll need to manage multiple efforts simultaneously, with occasional conflicting priorities. You must have the drive and skills to make the best decisions that aligns with the business and the company’s objectives. The Network Engineer will work as part of team to manage Enterprise Wide F5 and DNS deployments as well as manage all operational efforts. The engineer will support a large Global environment and should have basic understanding of networking and F5/DNS architecture. The engineer should work with other teams to create engineering standards and operational support models. The individual should also be informed in current industry for trends and emerging technologies to evaluate future opportunities for infrastructure. Exposure to Network Technologies, programming, or scripting is a plus.
Key responsibilities span 4 areas:
· Creates engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
· Defines standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that follow existing Transunion architectures for large complex projects.
· Defines new engineering designs, templates, processes and procedures for implementing projects that require new architecture patterns.
· Proactively utilizes knowledge of the business unit and objectives to maximize the efficiency of the design.
Assessment and Strategy
· Lead the F5/DNS efforts by working with the Engineering Team
· Manage F5 GTM & LTM infrastructure including maintenance, code upgrades, and scheduled monitoring
· Manage DNS, DHCP, and IPAM infrastructure including maintenance, code upgrades, and scheduled monitoring
· Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
· Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments.
· Responsible for accurately estimating and planning activities within the domain to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan.
· Establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with internal and external strategic partners as well as critical IT infrastructure service providers. With administrative direction, leads the evaluation and selection of tools.
· Identifies key areas for improvement to align to strategic objectives.
· Analyzes industry best practices and previous project executions
· Provide Tier 2 Operational support for all F5 and DNS infrastructure including staging, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and documenting the current infrastructure
· Manage scheduling and Patching cycle for all F5 and DNS infrastructure as well as providing software and hardware roadmaps
· Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of hot fixes and version upgrades.
· Participate in and/or lead projects of low to medium complexity.
· Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
· Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
· Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.
· Conducts updates of management information systems, including asset management, time tracking and other systems.
· Mentors tier 1 team members on current standards and best practices
· Provides quality assurance for engineering designs of junior team members
· Responsible for developing the organization by mentoring junior engineers and developing “how to” guides.
What you’ll bring
As Network Engineer Lead, you must have at least 2 years’ experience supporting F5 & DNS. The candidate should also have basic exposure to Network Technologies and understand basic networking fundamentals. Exposure to programming and scripting is a plus. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field or similar discipline and experience in technical and professional areas is a must.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years of exposure to F5 and DNS (BIGIP LTM/GTM, VIPRION, vCMP, Infoblox)
· Knowledge of network troubleshooting tools such as dig, tcpdump, wireshark, etc
· 3-5 years of experience of design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of infrastructure consisting of WAN, LAN, ASAs and VPNs.
· 3-5 years of experience in routing protocols like (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VRRP, IP, HSRP, BGP for dual ISP, etc. protocols) and set up load balancing using BGP for dual ISP
· 3-5 years of experience with layer-2, layer-3, and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, NFSv4.x, SMB
· Programming background/knowledge a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate effectively with associates at all levels.
· Ability to effectively summarize and clearly communicate infrastructure hardware/software problems involving multiple support team(s).
· Ability to manage concurrent projects to plan.
· Organized, able to lead, follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision.
· Self-motivated and adaptable to change; able to work productively in a team setting.
· Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively as well as function with no supervision, under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem solving
· Demonstrate ability to execute and perform timely follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
· Demonstrate competency in the use of project management tools and methodologies.
· Ability to instill quality in every aspect of the job function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.