Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient's genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient's unique pathology. We're looking for IT professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
Under the direction of the Head of IT, as the Enterprise Infrastructure Lead, you'll manage a team to support a wide range of network infrastructure and security duties including on-premises and cloud network architectures, firewalls, and traffic analysis.
What You'll Do:
- Manage Network Operations:
- Develop and implement network designs that support high availability and scalability
- Coordinate with TechOps, IT and other technical stakeholders on various on-prem, cloud, data, and engineering projects
- Engage with vendors and carriers as required to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of solutions
- Oversee maintenance and troubleshooting amongst our 4 office locations (Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Atlanta)
- Monitor metrics and expand in areas of improvement
- Support Security and Privacy Initiatives:
- Work to design, maintain, and administer the network security architecture (security appliances /firewalls)
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies on Tempus information security program
- Develop Processes:
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop or improve various security standards, policies, and guidelines
- Maintain the network monitoring/health system and ensure business stakeholders receive prompt break/fix service
- Write and maintain proper documentation and SOPs
- Lead a Team:
- Supervisory responsibilities for the overall Enterprise Infrastructure team
- May be responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions, training and developing subordinates
What We’re Looking for:
Qualifications & Must Have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- 5+ years enterprise-level network related experience
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot enterprise business LAN/WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, access controllers/APs, including 802.1X.
- Experience with encryption protocols like PKI, EAP, TLS.
- Experience in designing and operating AWS, Azure, GCP networks
- Strong fundamentals in change management, logging and alerting, and incident response
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills and the ability to manage expectations in a startup environment.
Great if you have:
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and/or with HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO, or GDPR compliance
- 5+ years experience with Palo Alto Networks security appliances
- 3+ years working experience with Cisco IOS devices including configuration and troubleshooting
- Professional certifications such as ITIL Foundations, CompTIA A +, CompTIA Network +, Cisco CCNA, etc
- Experience with networking routing & optimization (BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, etc)
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field