Entry Level Compliance Specialist at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What’s the Role?
The Compliance Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Guaranteed Rate Compliance team with various initiatives including performing various audits and monitoring loan details to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Complete second level review on denied loans to ensure all reasons for denial are stated and alternatives are provided to the borrower.
- Perform audits on Loan Officer’s various social media platforms and determine and communicate necessary corrective action.
- Perform targeted custom audits on various state and federal specific regulations and determine necessary corrective action required to clear the defect.
- Audit loans in process to ensure the company is adhering to Regulation B timing requirements and work with sales and operations to ensure timelines are met.
- Assist in audits for Regulation C, as needed.
- Review state enforcement actions monthly and report a summary of findings to compliance management
- Communicate with business unit on obtaining documentation to clear identified defects.
- Understand federal regulatory compliance statutes, regulations, state laws and their impact on existing policy and business practices.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for internal personnel for questions regarding compliance issues.
- Give direction, provide recommendation, develop and implement continuous improvement of the audit function based upon industry changes and process updates.
- Assist with additional compliance related projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or related profession equivalent
- Two years’ experience in a related field
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in a timely manner
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-KH1