Entry-level Desktop Support Technician at The Mx Group
About the role:
Come join The Mx Group as our new desktop support technician. While you’ll be primarily responsible for providing desktop support to our employees, you’ll also assist with network services and server management, gaining experience with aspects of our IT infrastructure. You’ll become familiar with multiple computing and hosting environments, engaging with higher-level tasks as your skills progress.
What we’re looking for:
- Good mix of attention to detail and efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and a knack for troubleshooting
- Ability to multitask fluidly, manage time and prioritize resources
- Experience troubleshooting Windows or Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (such as DHCP, DNS, Ethernet, subnets and WiFi)
- Comfortable on the command line, scripting is a plus
- 50 lb. lifting capability
Above all, we are looking for an energetic individual who is eager to learn and has a natural inclination toward computing. If you are the type of person who has technology projects at home, and likes to learn out of sheer interest in the topic, then you’ll be at home here.
- Provide exceptional service and support to our employees — in-person, via email and over the phone
- Be the primary point of contact for employee requests and issues
- Setup and configure workstations and conference rooms
- Troubleshoot desktop hardware, software and connectivity
- Document processes, training materials and configurations
- Research issues and new technologies
- Contribute feedback and suggestions for improvement to our processes and technology stack
Tech we work with (familiarity with any of these is a plus):
- Windows and macOS workstations
- Windows and Linux servers
- Active Directory domains
- VM and container environments, on-premises and hosted
- Website and application hosting (IIS, Apache, nginx, SQL)
- Network equipment such as firewalls, routers, managed switches and Wi-Fi networks
- Network services such as remote desktop, file sharing, printing, email, DNS and VPN
- CI/CD/CM systems
- SAN/NAS storage systems
- VOIP PBX and telephony
Why you’ll love working here:
In a word: people. In a broader sense: company culture. And some pretty sweet benefits, too.
At The Mx Group, you’ll find we genuinely value and support each other as — as people and as coworkers — as we produce award-winning work together. You aren’t likely to find another team so focused on collaboration and so dedicated to success.
We’re proud of the environment that we’ve nurtured, and because of that, we’re always looking for new ways to brighten up our team’s work day. We’re more into lunchtime board games than drama, and we don’t mind throwing in a chili cook-off or a bags tournament here and there. We’ll celebrate the start of Friday summer hours together, and enjoy a week off at the end of each year.
Plus, we offer a full benefits package, including gym membership reimbursement, paid parental leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) program. In short, you’re going to love coming to work.
A leading B2B agency, The Mx Group has consistently received awards both for our work and our company culture, and are ranked among the top 5 B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, engage and convert more customers. For 30 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
The Mx Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. That means we not only provide equal opportunity and consideration to all employees and applicants for employment — we welcome it. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law, because we believe diversity drives us to deliver more valuable and meaningful experiences to clients and employees.