We are looking for an Events Specialist to join the VCG Events Team. As part of Vista Consulting Group, the job will entail providing support to both VEP and VCG with respect to incentive, client engagement, and other CXO centric events. This individual will manage a variety of events while also taking on key planning roles for major events. This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and driven individual looking to advance their career in special events. Must be able to multitask, establish priorities, and work independently in an active and extremely fast-paced office environment while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility and professionalism, self-confidence and poise. Ability to work collaboratively with others is essential. Possessing a strong work ethic and the unique qualities of a dynamic overachiever are a must.
- Act as the lead on multiple high profile programs in various domestic and international markets
- Successfully execute event programs, ensuring that all deliverables meet objectives, adheres to the intended strategies, budgets and timelines, as well as the firm’s guidelines
- Work closely with the marketing team, develop plans to drive and implement key messages, continually revise and update branding as business demands and market activities at major events
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction while managing constant changes and multiple priorities
- Multi-task on numerous events and off-sites while maintaining flawless accuracy, oversight and execution
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Demonstrate operational leadership by orchestrating successful execution of complex programs such as our C-level and other client engagement events both domestically and internationally using our proven systems and processes
- Support the logistics and execution on high profile and complex VEP Events including our AGM, CEO Summits, and CEO Retreats
- Act as the lead planner for several VCG Leadership Development Events, to include multi-day functional Summits
- Take on a supporting logistical and operational role for VCG’s marquee events, including our BPSS and CXO events.
- Ability to skillfully negotiate proposals and contracts with third party vendors
- Project and manage estimated costs, track spend and deliver timely final reports to ensure all expenses are approved and within organization’s financial policy
- Primary liaison with all vendors to track and manage all event logistics including but not limited to hotel rooms, food & beverage, tenting, production, design, entertainment, transportation, activities, speaker management and VIPs
- Flawless event design including floor plans, décor, signage and other event collateral
- Partner with registration lead as they support with on-line registration services including: website development, email invitation management, master list/data management, rooming list/hotel management, attendee communication and follow-up, mobile event app coordination
- Develop, prioritize and implement event timelines and production overviews for all events
- Schedule and lead program milestone meetings to ensure team members understand and meet expectations, responsibilities and deadlines
- Gracefully and confidently lead on-site including multiple vendor leads, event staff and external agency support representatives
- Provide clients, both internal and external, with exceptional customer service to exceed their expectations
- Provide thought leadership and supervision in regards to surveys and ROI analytics
- Bachelor's degree required; marketing, communications or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of integrated event experience including highly complex, high touch special events supporting the highest level of senior executives
- Professional Meeting Planner certification and/or continuing education certifications preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively consult with all levels of an organization
- Experience with computer skills, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibit willingness and ability to work with different personalities and work styles
- Demonstrate success in a team-oriented atmosphere, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team on very tight deadlines
- Ability to work assigned schedule which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Domestic and International travel ranging from 40 - 60% required
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista’s investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista’s family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world’s most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2019’s top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on new challenges? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What’s Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista’s consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 170 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.