EVP, Client Success
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
Client Success is vital to our long-term success and viability. We will not be successful unless our clients are receiving massive value from our service. As such, we need a senior executive to own driving success for our clients. This role includes responsibilities for client success (on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, and retention) and outcomes (renewals, up-sell, net promoter score).
The Executive Vice President, Client Success position is a high-visibility role and a member of the executive leadership team. This leadership role is critical to advancing client success and increased adoption of Yello’s product suite. The EVP of Client Success is responsible for the client’s journey and life cycle, which includes aligning all of the functions to focus on client adoption and client satisfaction.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Drive Client Success Outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, client satisfaction and overall health scores
- Drive growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Develop and maintain senior-level client relationships at key accounts and network with high potential prospects
- Define and Optimize Client Lifecycle
- Map client journey
- Define segmentation of client base and varying strategies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Learn from best practices in industry
- Manage Client Success Activities
- Professional Services
- Client Support
- Client Success Management
- Measure Effectiveness of Client Success
- Track operational metrics for team
- Create cadence for review within team
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team, Yello and board
- Manage team to financial targets (expansion and renewal)
- Identify and manage client expansion and renewal activities in partnership with Account Management team
- Maintain a personal presence and high visibility in the field; and assist in closing new deals and renewals at key accounts
- Align with Marketing around positioning to existing clients
- Design strategic client success plans via client segmentation, client lifecycle, competitive analysis, and penetration plans, as well as thoughtful product positioning. Develop and implement strategies and tactics to expand Yello’s client wallet share globally.
- Inspire Client Success Across Yello
- Provide regimented and focused leadership to the organization that will foster success based on a culture of respect for clients, employees and Yello’s values.
- Create Yello-wide culture of client success
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will have the following key personal characteristics and experience attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to build high-performing (100+ person) Client Success organizations and manage across multiple functions that are quite different, such as Professional Services, Client Support, Client Success, and Education.
- Exceptional track record in SaaS (enterprise and SMB) services management and leadership with success at the Vice President level or above.
- An analytical skill set to drill through key metrics, identify patterns, opportunities and risks and key performance drivers.
- Compelling executive presence in front of clients, partners, employees, board members and potential public investors
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Success in dynamic growth environments with rapid change and fluidity, and building organizations that thrive and scale to the next level.
- Experience managing a diverse group in multiple global locations.
- Ability to both recruit, lead, motivate and assess high-performance professional services, client success, and support teams, and make appropriate changes as needed
- Minimum of 6 years directly running a diverse services organization (Professional Services, Education, Client Support, and Client Success Management)
- A demonstrated track record of managing global KPI’s as part of a global P&L
- Building and implementing scalable operational process and managing global delivery teams
The best candidates for the new Client Success leader will need to have a strong chemistry and cultural fit with Yello. Their work will involve managing a large group of people and have the ability to jump into large client situations and help to close important big deals. They should thrive on the opportunity to drive high-level strategy and decisions, as well as excel at tactical execution and making things happen hands-on.
The candidate should bring a sense of confidence, energy, positive attitude, vitality, and a strong drive to succeed. Additional personal qualities include:
- Strategic acumen with a strong results- and execution-orientation
- An accomplished leader with proven ability to build high-performance teams, possessing excellent communication skills and organizational awareness
- Team-oriented individual with ethics and integrity
- A leader who creates loyalty and trust. Ability to energize people and teams and make cross-functional cooperation happen
- Executive presence
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time