Executive Assistant to Chief People Officer at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Chief People Officer is looking for a trusted partner to lead the logistical aspects of her world and drive collaboration and innovation with the HR leadership team, including a to be hired Chief of Staff. This role is not for the faint hearted --- you will be in the thick of it with our HR team to drive people processes and programs as we create meaningful business impact for Upwork.
It goes without saying that this person must have ultimate discretion -- we are often the first to know the good, the hard, the sad, and the joyful for our team. It’s a privilege to hold these roles, and we must treat it as such. The successful candidate will also have outstanding business acumen, a drive for process improvement, and be an extraordinary self starter.Your Responsibilities:
- Provide support to our CPO through extensive calendar management, including multi channeled work streams.
- Handle sophisticated scheduling and dependencies and deliverables for programs across the business
- Build briefing packages, agendas, meeting minutes, and follow-up plans -be a strong partner cross functionally with comms, legal, and other core teams.
- Be a visible leader and have comfort being responsible for building and maintaining a great culture in a distributed diverse environment
- Passion for our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
- Proven 4 + years of experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting C-level executives, ideally Heads of HR
- To create an atmosphere of trust, and collaboration with all of the people with whom you interact, both internally and externally
- Experience with Google Calendar and Gmail
- To be comfortable interacting with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to push things forward throughout the organization ---- anticipating needs, troubleshooting issues and responding proactively and calmly under pressure
- Utmost attention to detail, and timely follow up
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.