Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
As the Executive Assistant, you will partner with our CGO, providing proactive and organized support with strong attention to detail and the highest level of discretion and maturity. You will need to be able to handle a
wide range of administrative tasks, interface with individuals across the company, and juggle diverse responsibilities such as...
- Heavy calendar management - manage meetings, travel, out of office, important
- company meetings, and special events.
- Plan events for company leaders including creation and distribution of notices,
- agendas, and meeting materials, as well as arrange details and coordinating logistics, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications and other team and
- company-wide messages; make independent decisions regarding level of priority.
- Capture action items from meetings and distribute to stakeholders.
- Prepare and track expense reports.
- Develop and assist with preparation of presentation materials.
- Ad hoc internet research and summarization.
What we're looking for you to posses as the Executive Assistant
- Self-starter: can take even the smallest project and run with it to successful completion
- Learn fast: Able to quickly learn to navigate current and new systems, processes and procedures
- Desire to be busy and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is your thing! You got the skills to meticulously and diligently prepare and review emails, schedules, expense reports, meeting materials, etc. and ensure
- Organized? It’s your middle name
- Professionalism – able to handle highest level of confidential information
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent formatting skills required
- Must be comfortable and capable performing internet research and identifying reliable sources of material, as well as learning new software and skills
- 2-3 years of related experience
- College degree preferred with college coursework or related experience in business,accounting, or finance preferred, but not required
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopology, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures