PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of our Executive Administration Team, you’ll have a big impact on the firm and our leadership team by helping to manage their professional operations with a positive attitude and resourceful, ego-free team.
We pride ourselves on our relentless attention to detail and place an immense value on day-to-day management of our teams, space, and resources. Our team is scrappy, high energy, and dedicated to maintaining high standards, while maintaining our ability to stay cool under pressure.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Complex meeting scheduling, email and calendar management, including working closely with team leadership to manage their schedules.
- Responding proactively to changing circumstances and adjusting plans and schedules when necessary.
- Helping to track and manage legal and other M&A expenses.
- Creating and updating administrative practices, systems and procedures to improve efficiency and service delivery.
- Providing project support through meeting scheduling, research and note taking.
- Attending key meetings and capture comprehensive notes/actions for reporting.
- Creating agendas, itineraries and other support materials.
- Gathering, collating and providing background information to support informed decision making and planning.
- Planning and organizing meetings, calls, and team events for the Strategic Capital/Legal team.
- General admin duties, including travel coordination and booking, reconciling expense reports and budgets, filing, correspondence, etc.
- Helping others to understand their obligations to comply with policies and guidelines.
- Managing competing priorities and providing consistently high levels of support, given heavy workloads, short deadlines, and the need to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Handling confidential information; organizing and maintaining files.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships and open channels of communication within the Strategic Capital/Legal team and across the broader organization.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including working directly with senior leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills to help deliver new initiatives, evangelize existing ones and keep executive sponsors informed.
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability, responsibility, reliability, and responsiveness.
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion and professional practices in representing a growing business.
- Mature judgement, positive outlook and resilience under stress of deadlines and demands.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand.
- The ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Self-direction, proactive approach and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively, where appropriate.
- Energy and a desire to tackle new projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders through all levels of an organization.
- The ability to prioritize and effectively manage workloads to meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment.
- Low ego, be a good sounding board for others, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and direct staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Executive Assistant you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program