At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
Integral to our business, the Executive Assistant based in Chicago, IL will directly support and partner with our Chief Talent Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and our General Counsel. This individual will manage executive calendars, schedule extensive travel, coordinate meetings and complete expense reports. The Executive Assistant will also provide support by creating, editing and formalizing complex documents and presentations. The position will require the individual to carry out special assignments and detailed requests with minimal supervision to effectively organize and provide operational leverage for our leadership team.
What you might do in your first year:
- Planning and managing complex meeting and schedule coordination for senior leaders and the broader leadership team, which will require this individual to work across multiple stakeholders, systems/programs
- Creating/preparing correspondence and developing and maintaining database/spreadsheets
- Organizing offsite meetings and events under leadership of 2 VPs, as appropriate
- Providing dedicated support to one or more professionals with exposure to confidential/sensitive information
- Interacting with and exposure to senior levels of the organization and external customers
- Organizing and orchestrating extensive travel scheduling and logistics and details regarding calendar management for senior leaders
- Preparing and submitting expense reports, along with developing a process for success
- Providing back-up support as needed for other Administrative Assistants on the team to ensure consistent support of team during vacations or as needed
- Supporting senior leaders with ad hoc projects as needed
- Broader office operations and support as necessary
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to build meaningful relationships across the organization including exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality with sensitive matters
- He/she must be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate needs will be integral to success in this role
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
What you bring to VillageMD:
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years of executive administrative support experience including heavy calendar management, travel coordination and expense management
- Previous experience supporting a marketing or sales organization preferred
- Ability to multi-task, independently manage time, and be detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of programs/systems including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Concur
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external high level executives and markets
- Proven project management skills evidenced by the ability to effectively coordinate multiple vendors and resources, internal and external client relationships, meeting deadlines and adhering to established budgets
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and deliver quality outcomes while effectively managing multiple competing priorities
- Previous, external client interface and relationship management strongly preferred
- Hands on approach and expert command of details
- Excellent interpersonal communication and critical problem-solving skills
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.