PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of our Executive Administration Team, you’ll have a big impact on the firm and our leadership team by helping to manage their personal and professional operations with a positive attitude and resourceful, ego-free team.
We pride ourselves on our relentless attention to detail and place an immense value on day-to-day management of our teams, space, and resources. Our team is scrappy, high energy, and dedicated to maintaining high standards, while maintaining our ability to stay cool under pressure.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Family office and calendar management – helping to maintain family contact database, schedules, calendars, and direct coordination with family contacts/vendors.
- Working closely with household staff on managing their schedules and other projects as needed.
- Keeping an inventory of household items/supplies, personal items, and tracking expenses.
- Managing multiple calendars and balancing appropriately.
- Planning and organizing meetings, calls, team events.
- General admin duties, including travel coordination and booking, reconciling expense reports and budgets, filing, correspondence, etc.
- Understanding priorities, as well as short-term strategies and lay out a plan of how and when to tackle.
- Building a thorough understanding of people strategic needs of the company.
- Handling confidential information; organizing and maintaining files.
- Interacting, coordinating, and keeping track of multiple properties and vendors.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including working directly with senior leadership.
- Experience working with a family office in a personal capacity or as a personal assistant.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility, reliability, and responsiveness.
- Strong discretion and professional practices in representing a family office.
- Mature judgement and resilience under stress of deadlines and demands.
- The ability to work in in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand.
- The ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Self-direction and ability to work independently.
- Energy and a desire to tackle new projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders through all levels of an organization.
- The ability to effectively manage workloads to meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment.
- Low ego, be a good sounding board for others, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and direct staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record preferred.