Experienced Consultant, IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for an Experienced Consultant to join our growing IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team within our Operations Excellence practice. IT Strategy and BPO Experienced Consultants work in a variety of projects including: defining IT and functional transformation and optimization strategies, leading sourcing and procurement events, mapping processes, gathering requirements, and creating solutions and recommendations. You will work directly with clients across a variety of industries to identify business needs and solve problems by using facilitation and analytical skills, and broad IT and business knowledge. You may participate in multi-disciplinary work teams to successfully execute complex projects.
Experienced Consultants should have experience in the following types of activities:
- Structuring quantitative analysis
- Identifying data requirements
- Developing and documenting assumptions for analysis
- Performing data analysis and modeling
- Performing financial analysis and costs / benefit analysis
- Documenting processes
- Documenting business improvement recommendations
- Developing documents and presentations with writing styles aligned to various client and internal audiences
- Applying strong attention to detail to all work, both quantitative and written
- Establishing and cultivating relationships, and facilitating discussions with client counterparts
- Demonstrating advanced proficiency in MS Office365 tools
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business needs, current-state processes, and future-state requirements through interviews, documentation review, and facilitated workshops
- Memorializing the output of internal and client discussions through active listening, note taking, and critical thinking
- Gathering and writing functional and technical requirements for technology components, IT services, business processes, and/or commercial software applications
- Defining key performance indicators as well as associated data sources, calculations, and validation approaches
- Developing analytical frameworks and defining data requirements to capture current-state costs and project future-state costs and savings, including to identify and track cost and productivity improvements for clients
- Developing new modeling approaches and data analysis techniques for clients
- Collecting, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large data sets
- Creating and presenting business cases and financial models
- Developing improvement roadmaps and execution workplans
- Developing Request for Proposal / Request for Quote documentation with associated pricing models, and response evaluation models
- Identifying trends using data, compiling reports, and monitoring results
- Collaborating with client and project team members to develop storyboards and creative ways to present complex concepts; developing resulting deliverable content
- Participating in the presentation of project or workstream content
- Helping to implement comprehensive project management plans across a program of multiple projects, and drive execution of individual workstreams through good program and project management practices
- 1-2 years of experience in providing technology and/or business process advisory consultation, which would ideally be with a professional services firm or industry leading Fortune 100 commercial firm
- Exceptional academic performance
- Experience executing projects on an end-to-end basis with minimal supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and diagnostic abilities, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to accept feedback
- Flexibility to adapt to challenging work situations and varied styles
- Ability to multitask
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and to build relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to travel extensively
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.