Expert IT Infrastructure Solution Architect at Ensono
IT infrastructure architect leverages knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including Cloud computing, storage area networks, virtualization, server hardware, mainframe, operating systems, networking, business applications, and security infrastructure to help document, shape, and direct the technology roadmap for Ensono and for our clients. Work directly with senior executives and leadership to identify and address technology gaps, strategic goals, and business imperatives impacted by infrastructure technologies. Suggest new technologies or new approaches to achieve business goals. Develop methodologies to integrate technology innovation with existing governance and enterprise architecture processes. Provide fully costed solution architecture to meet client and prospective client requests. Maintain and update documentation related to organization-wide IT activities and technology roadmaps. Communicate progress and direction through formal presentations, collaborative meetings, and content publishing to mixed audiences
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brings prior experience to organize and define work for complex or ambiguous situations.
- Provides consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to associates
- Actively contributes to domain body of knowledge
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reference architecture for Ensono infrastructure solutions
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered the subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenter
- Responsible for working with the client to obtain the solution requirements for the infrastructure
- Responsible for written design of the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
- Responsible for being the technical subject matter expert for the implementation and ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
- Responsible for providing cost estimates for the solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
- Engages in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipates obstacles, and recommends solution options to mitigate.
- Participates as member of the internal Architecture Review Board for solution proposals
- Ensures infrastructure solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.)
- Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client infrastructure solutions.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years' experience; or equivalent work experience
- Understands the competitive landscape from both a business and technical perspective
- Open Systems:
- Server Hardware Vendors (HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco)
- Physical Servers and Blade Technology
- Unix (RHEL, AIX, Solaris, HPUX, LDAP)
- Microsoft (AD, Windows, Sharepoint, DNS)
- Symantec (Endpoint Protection, Netbackup)
- Storage Platforms (EMC, IBM, Hitachi, Netapp, Dell)
- Monitoring (BMC, CA, Shavlik, LANSweeper)
- Network & Security:
- Cisco Nexus
- Load Balancer (F5, Cisco)
TBD by field - Needed to create job code and for Department of Labor
Any reference to years of experience should be disregarded in the UK
Next Job Posting
Client Partner - State & Local Government