Field Service Technical Analyst at Walgreens
Supports implementation of IT projects, including pre-implementation, infrastructure and post implementation support and maintenance. Provides technical support for internal Walgreens customers, maintenance & installation technicians for retail locations, corporate facilities, distribution centers and other business groups within the Walgreens family of companies. Responsible for providing hardware, software, communication and procedural support over the phone and online in an effort to aid business units in operating in an effective and efficient manner. Provides resolutions to problems in a professional, timely and cost effective manner. Available for on call support 24X7X365
- Provides Field Services and project support through actively listening, showing empathy and attention to detail. Proactively, follows up on problems. Recognizes consistent Field Services issues and proactively reports these to leadership team. Provides potential resolution suggestions and assists leadership team in delivering solutions.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of at least 5 Walgreens store technologies using appropriate tools to troubleshoot problems while expanding current support skillset. Independently handles all aspects of major Walgreens systems. Possesses an understanding and ability to work the key links between all systems. Handles complex problems easily engaging appropriate resources when necessary.
- Identifies hardware, software, procedural and/or communication problems. Identifies trends in incidents and proactively reports to leadership team. Assists leadership team in resolving root cause of trends.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and precisely verbally and in writing. Writes executive level summaries when needed.
- Documents and summarizes interactions with Field Services and Vendors, accurately tracks calls and reports purposes into call-tracking system
- Navigates through a solution database and follows through on prescribed procedures to provide best possible answer for problems. Works with leadership team to improve the efficiency of the solution database.
- Works with employees within and outside of the department to ensure the resolution of escalated problems. Assists with coaching work group members for enhanced team performance.
- Provides recommendations for solutions around process and procedure improvement. Creates and develops documentation and training materials. Works with leadership team to implement improvements.
- Resolves basic project related implementation issues. Assists in the mitigation of project risk through use of the risk mitigation plan.
- Manages and schedules Roll outs, creates statement of work and tracks inventory orders related to projects.
- Manages basic project dependencies with suppliers.
- Adheres to department and company policies, procedures, and expectations particularly service level objectives. Assists in leading work group to meet or exceed expectations particularly in regards to service level objectives.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and at least 3 years of experience supporting IT Hardware and Network Support OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience with IT Hardware / Networking Support
- IT Field Service experience supporting, repairing and implementing technology solutions.
- Experience planning, implementing, testing and troubleshooting IT system hardware
- Experience supporting remote users over the phone or online with printers, PC hardware, network, wireless, server and IT Services in various environments.
- Experience in the use of a trouble ticket call answer system, such as Remedy or similar type system.
- Experience participating in formal projects and reporting on progress of the project.
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience writing technical documentation and building process diagrams
- Willingness to work non-regular hours, which may include weekends, holidays, and/or nights.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: TEXT Functions, DATE Functions, LOOKUP functions and MATH functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).