If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe FSO (Field Service Organization) is responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of highly technical communications systems at customer locations. Job tasks include but are not limited to: deployment, optimization, and repair of infrastructure , public safety loggers, subscribers, Microwave, Computers, Servers and Network equipment. The department works with Customers, System Managers, Engineers, Sales teams, Project Managers, System Technologists and service partners to accomplish the assigned tasks. Department is on call 24/7/365 to support mission critical systems for our public safety customers. Position is located in the Southern California / Los Angeles area.
Maintenance and management of highly technical Motorola communications systems. Focus on maintaining optimal performance levels across an integrated system while taking a pro-active approach to address and mitigate system level alarms and malfunctions. Manages system availability through routine system maintenance, performance monitoring and System wide Preventative Maintenance. Candidates must be familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques for current model digital and analog Motorola communications equipment and system architectures.
- Experience as a Communications System Technician
- Experience with P25 Systems, LMR RF systems, wired/wireless communication systems, networking equipment, IT networks and subscriber equipment.
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain the ability to pass background checks and obtain security clearances as well as possess and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to be on-call 24/7/365
- Must have very strong knowledge of wired/wireless communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Must have knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
- Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor partner community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- Knowledge of configuration and testing of channel banks, routers, hubs, and switches
- Ability to develop and present technical training.
- Provides guidance in integrating new tools solutions into the operations of the team.
- Proven experience with the use of equipment commonly used in the optimization and testing of Motorola communications systems (Communications Systems Analyzers, Power Sensors and Watt Meters, TIMS sets, CPS, RSS, Antenna Systems Analyzers (FDRs), T1 test sets, etc.)
- Experience in the configuration and testing of Motorola two‐way radio and subscriber products.
- FCC license and industry certifications such as ETA are a plus.
- Associate's Degree/Technical Certificate or 2+ years of experience in Radio Frequency, Land Mobile Radio, Networking, IT, Field/System Technician
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.