Field Services Desktop Engineer
Field Services Desktop Engineer
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Field Services Engineer that will work onsite with various clients helping delivery IT support and managed services provided by West Monroe. This role will work on a variety of user facing technologies, including desktop operating systems, enterprise productivity applications, email and endpoint protection and management solutions. This role will be part of the Performance Services team that manages our client’s end user environments.
- Demonstrated engineering experience in a multi-tenant environment. Ideal candidate has experience working with a variety of different end user platforms. Individuals must be able to communicate both with internal teams and with Performance Services’ client’s staff. Individuals will be contributing to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely and responsive services and work products.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion
- Serve as an escalation resource for endpoint incident troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with client staff and multiple internal teams
- Background in Microsoft O365.
- Strong background in Windows workstation platforms.
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot and remediate desktop infrastructure and applications (Outlook, Office, Adobe, network printing, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate mobile devices and tablets
- Ability to analyze systems reports and produce meaningful incident resolution
- Review ticket queues and be able to manage priority and tasks while communicating updates to end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience with progressively more responsibilities
- Demonstrate systems management ability, as well as being able to assist in designing and documenting end user solutions.
- Act as escalation engineer for level 2 and level 3 support issues, and work items in queue
- Assist in managing and delivering client projects
- Troubleshooting experience with Active Directory, O365 and Windows applications is preferred
- Experience with Antivirus platforms, as well as OS patching
- Mobile Device Management experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows OS troubleshooting. MS Exchange and MS Windows Server a plus
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills