Fraud Data Analyst at ShopRunner
We’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role, you will focus on fraud prevention services offered through Precognitive, a ShopRunner subsidiary. Our fraud prevention platform services ecommerce retailers in addition to financial services, travel and entertainment industries. Our clients integrate our fraud prevention technology into their websites and mobile applications to prevent and mitigate a variety of fraud use cases ranging from payment fraud to API abuse.
This role presents an opportunity for individuals with analytical expertise and investigative skills in online fraud and security. You’ll work our cutting edge technology to detect and prevent online fraud and cyber attacks.
You will be responsible for analyzing fraud and security events using your analytical skills to detect new trends. Using the Precognitive platform, you will leverage behavioral analytics, device intelligence, and a hybrid AI driven decision engine to prevent fraud for some of the largest online businesses in retail, travel and financial services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review transactions and login records for a collection of companies from verticals in e-commerce, travel, banking and more
- Evaluate chargebacks to identify areas of improvement for client’s fraud prevention activities and policies that may pertain to friendly fraud
- Work closely with internal Precognitive and ShopRunner teams to operationally execute the fraud strategy
- Provide awareness of current trends across clients to influence the adaptation of fraud rules and scoring improvements
- Analyze behavior patterns across data sets to provide input to improve fraud models as needed
- Review and track reporting to point out anomalies in transactions, logins, and account openings
- Assist in creating captivating training materials in using our Decision AI 360 fraud platform, Klepto.
- Analyze data sets and identify new signals/features to improve automated decision quality
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-2+ years of experience in e-commerce fraud analysis and prevention or working cyber security events with SIEMs OR 1-2+ years of data analysis experience and pattern recognition
- Demonstrated passion for fraud prevention, cyber security and ability to speak authoritatively towards the subject matter
- An individual technical enough to communicate with developers towards building and improving our array of fraud prevention and account takeover identification solutions
- Working knowledge of query languages such as Mongo, SQL and experience analyzing data with data exploration tools such as R, or Python.
- Experience with modeling including machine learning, or creating weighted rule based model using techniques such a logistic regression
- Good to have: Working knowledge of SQL or other query languages, experience analyzing data with data exploration tools such as Kibana, Splunk or Python
WHAT WORKS HERE
In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to build something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.