Fraud Support Specialist at Reverb
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
We are looking for a diligent Fraud Support Specialist to support our mission of keeping Reverb’s marketplace the safest and most secure destination to buy, sell, and discover gear from across the globe!
In this role, you’ll act as a liaison between our users, Customer Engagement and the Fraud Prevention team. As a person fueled by curiosity, you take the time to consider multiple perspectives and outcomes in order to tackle problems effectively. You’ll play an integral role in strengthening and protecting our community of musicians and music-lovers by upholding the Reverb values.
This full-time role reports to the Fraud Prevention Manager and is based in Chicago, IL.
About the Role:
- Ensure record keeping is accurate and updated.
- Record chargebacks and correspond with customers to resolve chargeback disputes.
- Handle inquiries and requests in all communication channels.
- Uphold outstanding service levels in responding to members with timely, high-quality interactions.
- Examine account behavior to identify fraudulent activity (e.g. account takeover, seller fraud, collusion).
- Investigate account patterns in Sift to flag fraudulent accounts.
- Send and respond to customer Zendesk tickets related to payments and risk.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve manual processes.
- Handle additional administrative tasks that support the Fraud Prevention team.
- Previous experience in a solution-based customer service role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort using spreadsheet software (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel, Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of third-party fraud prevention tools (e.g. Sift) is a plus.
- Highly meticulous and organized with strong analytical skills.
- The ability to learn new programs, type quickly and generally multitask on a computer.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Reverb is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy.