ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
The Fraud Systems Engineer is a key role of our Fraud and Abuse prevention team, managing multiple complex fraud prevention systems, tool configurations and driving the progression of ActiveCampaign’s anti-fraud program maturity. This role requires an engineer who can shift between detecting and predicting abuse while understanding user experience and the functional expectations of the business. Working directly with dedicated Software Engineers for ActiveCampaign’s SaaS platform and Data Analysts who model fraud and abuse system performance, the Fraud Systems Engineer will drive and shape many aspects of prevention, detection and response to fraud and platform abuse events. Fraud experience is preferred.
What your day could consist of:
- Architect fraud and abuse detection systems for a high-volume SaaS product
- Conduct risk assessments with business and information security teams
- Perform investigation and analysis of fraud incidents, customer reported and alerted by third party tools
- Communicate with engineers to integrate third party fraud toolsIdentify fraud and abuse vulnerabilities in all ActiveCampaign product lines
- Integrate and manage rate-limiters, CAPTCHA systems, and other practical anti-abuse systems in and around our existing applications
- Document and standardize abuse-prevention features, methodologies and response processes
What is needed:
- 3+ years of experience as a fraud, compliance or information security engineer or analyst
- Experience managing 3rd-party risk systems and api-based solutions
- Experience in querying relational databases and joining complex data sources: SQL, MYSQL, SnowFlake, AWS Athena, Kibana, ELK and DataDog
- The mindset of an attacker: Ability to identify, classify and categorize abuse and application vulnerabilities and recommend remediation to engineering teams
- Experience triaging customer reported incidents and providing a incident report quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience working on high-availability distributed and content delivery systems
- Proficiency using AWS CLI and Unix command line
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or statistical analysis techniques
- Experience or membership with threat intelligence groups such as MAAWG and X-ISAC
- Security Operations, Compliance or Engineering experience
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP suite and application layer of the OSI model
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.