Fulfillment Specialist Business Support (C&C)
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
The Specialist Business Support supports one of the Fulfillment Strategy Channel Leads in developing and maintaining a strategic vision for their channel aligned with the ADUSA omni-channel strategy.
They will do this through offering their expertise and knowledge of business processes and systems within the channel. They will provide qualitative and quantitative insights through process or data analysis and will present this data to the channel lead to support business decisions.
They will also work closely with IT Business Systems Development to be a counterpart on the business side for systems development, participate in testing (SIT, UAT) where necessary and act as liaison between the IT product owners, architects and/or developers and the business when practical questions need to be answered.
Recipe for Success- What's "in store" for the role
- Perform data analysis on qualitative and quantitative data, providing insights as needed to support making business decisions
- Work directly with operators within the brands to understand day-to-day needs and processes within the channel
- Work directly with IT product owners to gain an intimate knowledge of relevant business systems, and be a sparring partner for questions from counterparts within IT, including participating in functional design sessions
- Participate in IT QA process (SIT, UAT, etc.) and provide the channel lead with appropriate insight to approve business system changes when they are delivered
- Manage ad hoc reporting within the channel where needed (handing off reporting function to the Analytics & Reporting team as soon as it matures to on-going use)
- Thorough, detailed-level understanding of retail processes
- Affinity with/knowledge of retail IT systems
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required Ingredients
- Data analytics skills (SQL)Experience with the development of IT systems and system enhancements
- Conducts detailed analysis and is capable of presenting recommendations to their manager based on data-driven conclusions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Process Development
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong financial, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Systems oriented; Understanding of IT systems and applications
- Highly motivated, independent thinker
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience within retail operations or e-commerce grocery operations
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.