Full-Time Bilingual (Spanish) Helpline Resource Coordinator at CareAdvisors
$15 - $25 an hour
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Role: Helpline Resource Coordinator (Full-Time)
Reports To: Social Care Manager
Location: Temporarily Remote + Local Travel
CareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and the social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals.
Our innovative platform empowers care navigators and social workers with a search and communication platform that’s connected to our vast network. We use the data gathered across our network to power our automated analytics engine. Join us in connecting people to the care they need!
About the Role:
CareAdvisors is looking for an experienced Resource Coordinator/Navigator to join our growing team. In this role you will be able to support a new program with one of our key client-partners. The best fit for the role will have deep knowledge of social service benefits and the enrollment process, particularly with SNAP and public housing services. Overall, the ideal candidate will bring the following to the role:
- Bachelor’s in Human Services or related field
- Fluent - English/Spanish (required)
- 3 years of relevant experience in the social service field
- Resident of one of the targeted communities strongly preferred (60651 & 60639)
- Housing, government benefit applications and complex case management is a plus
- Able to respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
- Good judgment in maintaining responsibilities of the position in advocating for the best interest of clients served.
- Must have access to a vehicle, proof of insurance and valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills and comfortable learning new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- CPR/First Aid certification (ideal)
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens
About the Main Responsibilities:
- Answer the helpline in a compassionate and professional manner.
- Manage helpline calls through communication with patients and caregivers, documentation in Epic, and data entry, maintenance and reconciliation.
- Offer information and appropriate referrals to community services using warm handoffs when possible.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with Spanish-speaking members (verbal and written).
- Return voicemail and emails from participants and community partners.
- Work collaboratively with the team to establish a formalized referral process to engage clients across partner agencies.
- Provide navigation across sectors and providers to ensure coordination and service access/completion for all participants.
- Responsible for pre-screening clients for eligibility, application assistance, information dissemination to clients and staff of partner organizations, following up with clients, and data tracking.
- Educate clients about the programs and the follow-up needed to successfully enroll.
- Act as a primary contact and coordinate closely with referring providers.
- Complete follow-up with both the client and referral entity to ensure the completion of services.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator to provide outreach and expand resident knowledge of available resources/services through the program.
- Collaborate across program partners to identify community resources to assist with eligible individuals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of government benefits and all available services and stay informed about policy and procedure changes.
- Participate in internal meetings to stay informed of program developments and issues.
- Keep impeccable notes on client communication and follow up with referral sources through our internal platform.
- Meets with team lead for regularly scheduled supervision and attend scheduled team meetings.
- Completes statistical data and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, CareAdvisors has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding, and daily operations. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and we will return to an office environment once it is deemed safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the Centers for Disease Control.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
See note in the role description.
- Do you currently reside within the 60651 or 60639 zip code?
- The role requires local travel - is that an issue?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- social service field: 3 years (Required)
- housing, gov’t benefit apps, & complex case mgmt: 3 years (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
3 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.