The General Manager role is responsible for driving profitable business results and operational excellence for the named account. This will be achieved by developing strong relationships with the client and serving as a key internal customer receiving support from across SMS, including Operations, Sales, Product, and Finance. This position will report to the VP of Operations, Food Service and will serve as a single point of contact for upper management and leaders at our key clients. This is a full time exempt position. The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Overall Client Success Accountability: This position will serve as the single point of contact for a client’s success with SMS. The General Manager will be the customer to SMS’ departments to achieve success for their specific customer. This includes working either through direct and dotted line reporting as well as through influence across Operations, Product, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Leadership: In addition to demonstrating strong problem solving skills, the General Manager will be held accountable for demonstrating leadership, motivating teams to push towards progress and not shying away from difficult, requisite tasks and conversations.
- Financial Accountability: This position will ensure achievement of financial goals through forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning, reporting and monitoring financial performance. This individual will analyze business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Account Fluency: As the senior point of contact from SMS, the General Manager will be held responsible for cohesively conveying client objectives, challenges, and needs and will be up-to-date on and tracking key account metrics. This also includes driving planning to translate client objectives into an overarching strategy.
- Relationship Building: The General Manager will have to build strong working relationships with senior personnel at the client as well as internally with key SMS stakeholders (potentially including key Affiliate partners). The General Manager will keep a consistent focus on delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Escalation Support: The General Manager will also jump into escalations as necessary and will work with SMS’ departments to mitigate them.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years business experience including 5+ years of experience in operations and/or managing large client relationships
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading individuals and/or small teams
- Experience in a trade is a plus
- Experience in facilities industry is a plus
- MBA a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.