Global Director, Compute Operations at Ensono
The Global Director of Compute Operations is responsible for overseeing the managed OS infrastructure and all technical operations on behalf of Ensono clients. In this capacity, the Director will lead a global team of engineers to minimize risk, execute change, reduce service disruptions. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of ITIL processes and various infrastructure management technologies and tools. The candidate will be responsible for staffing, driving strategy, and delivering upon a one team culture. The Director will use his/her knowledge and expertise to create a results-oriented culture that values initiative, leadership, and collaboration. On a strategic basis, the Director is responsible for collaborating with peers across the IT organization to maintain globalized processes. Additionally, the Director will drive a continuous improvement on delivery of services with a focus on efficiency and reduction in client impacting events. Lastly, the Director will work with the staff to evaluate risks, design plans to mitigate those risks, execute the plans, and ensure they work as designed. This critical role is key in the successful technical oversite of all accounts and will contribute to the overall company success and financial growth. The position ensures internal operational capabilities are present and makes collaborative decisions to help set client expectations.
- Lead, manage, monitor, and grow a global Compute team responsible for supporting client OS the systems for Windows, Linux and Unix.
- As a Director of Compute Operations, you will own the operation and administration of our client managed OS service to ensure reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance.
- Deliver service availability at or greater than 99.9% uptime of the services at specified concurrency and performance levels.
- Create, manage, and report against KPIs for client operations, overseeing all change management activities.
- Consistently improve performance and reliability of the environment, driving continuous improvement through operational metrics
- Deploy and utilize automation tools to minimize human operational requirements
- Creating and delivering knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences inside and outside Ensono
- Build best-in-class solutions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management and escalation of all technology services enabling self-service and autonomous product domain teams
- Being an active participant in setting direction and strategy for the team and its products/services
- Provide talent management strategies to retain high performers, attract new talent, and develop high performing teams.
- Identify best practices and implement across the department.
- Establish multi-level relationships with strategic clients and create a systematic approach to strengthening relationships.
- Stay abreast of IT infrastructure technology trends and as appropriate, facilitate their adoption in a standard consistent way globally.
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop succession planning for infrastructure technology personnel.
- Articulate and deliver upon the vision, strategy and business value of IT Operations and alignment with IT best practices.
- Partner with IT and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and execute projects and enhancements to successfully deliver (within scope, on schedule, and on budget) business capabilities.
- Continually review, challenge and optimize the effectiveness of delivery of Ensono IT Services.
- Build, lead and motivate a high performing team to deliver IT services and improve employee experience embedded in annual objectives, coaching, performance management, and development planning.
- Forge strong, collaborative relationships and build consensus among competing stakeholders across the business and IT peers, as well as, consulting partner(s), vendors and suppliers.
- Drive innovation in the delivery of our services through creative means and partnering with peer organizations.
- 10+ years’ experience in leading technical teams
- Prior experience building global teams.
- Deep understanding of Windows, Linux and Unix technologies
- 5 or more years’ experience managing in a global environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and over 10 years of diverse “hands-on” IT Infrastructure experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a strong plus.
- Strong management experience to include hiring, training, knowledge transfer, coaching, mentoring, succession planning, and budget management of IT Infrastructure functions.
- Solid understanding of all IT Infrastructure related areas.
- Experience in managing IT Infrastructure policy, programs, procedures, standards as well as adherence to existing Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and technical translation) skills.