ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Global Incident Response Technical Lead
The Global IR Technical Lead oversees the technical work performed by ServiceNow’s IR teams. This person sets the bar for excellence by mentoring IR analysts, assisting on high severity incidents, and helping build response playbooks. Reporting directly into the head of Security Operations this role is a chance to significantly influence a global IR team at a leading SaaS company. While being an individual contributor role, this person is a part of the management team responsible for setting direction for the entire Security Operations group.
The successful candidate is experienced all aspects of the incident response lifecycle. As a technical expert this person is experienced in a range of IR skills (e.g. DFIR, log analysis) and on a range of platforms (e.g. public cloud, UNIX, Windows). A successful candidate will have practical hands-on experience investigating and responding to significant security incidents.
This individual is a highly motivated professional who is passionate about security and prioritizes teamwork and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide technical oversight for high severity incidents
- Take a lead role in helping identify root causes for incidents
- Improve the maturity level across all of the Security Operations teams
- Assist in building and maintaining incident response playbooks
- Mentor IR analysts
- Identify opportunities for product improvements in ServiceNow’s Security Operations products
- Contribute to post incident reviews and process improvement initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve ServiceNow’s detection, hunting, and incident response capabilities
- Assist in setting the direction and roadmap for the Security Operations group
A successful candidate will have the following or equivalent experience:
- Has a minimum of 10 years of incident response experience that could include:
- Defending corporate and/or government networks
- Incident response consulting
- Building tooling for security vendors
- Research and development
- Has experience working on complex security incidents
- Eligibility for a US security clearance is a plus, but not a necessity
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to less technical audiences
- Deep knowledge of IR processes and best practices
- Deep practical understanding of how modern attackers operate
- Has a passion for security and incident response.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.