Global Operations Manager
We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, customer-centric leaders to lead our Global Operations Teams in a player-coach capacity. Salivating at the thought of leading teams while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Hire, train, and develop a team of Global Operations Associates;
- Serve as the face of Flexport for a book of clients - you succeed when they do;
- Implement strategies to manage international supply chains;
- Identify and implement rate management strategies;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade; and
- Partner with a Global Account Executive to drive Client Success, Operational Efficiency, and Revenue Generation.
What you’ll need:
- Experience building, training and leading teams;
- BA/BS degree preferred and 5 years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain; or 5 at a top consulting or investment banking firm;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Where you'll work:
We’re new to Chicago and looking for lifelong learners who want to be a part of a founding team. Come help us build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.