GLOBAL PROCUREMENT MANAGER at Caterpillar
The Business Segment:
Caterpillar's Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) resides within our Services, Distribution & Digital (SD&D) business segment and includes the design and manufacturing of wear and maintenance component products, as well as support of prime product and parts distribution, inbound and outbound logistics, warehousing functions, and packaging and container management. PSLD has over 14,000 employees in 70+ facilities across 23 countries and has close to 3,000 suppliers. The Aftermarket Parts Distribution team supports Cat Dealers through the Cat Parts Distribution network via the following channels: Dealer Order Support; Demand Planning; Inventory Management; Network Engineering; Receiving, Storage & Shipping Operations; Parts Lifecycle Management; Record Accuracy Management; and Supply Base Engineering. We have approximately 700,000 SKU’s and ensure that, through the global Cat parts network, our dealers can fulfill 98 percent of parts orders within 24 hours.
The Global Procurement Manager is responsible for managing transportation and logistics strategic synergies by developing deep expertise and leading a global diverse team of Category Managers to create & sustain a high-performing global supply network. The Global Procurement Manager will deliver global leverage and supply network market knowledge for a grouping of similar categories creating increased value while mitigating risk to the enterprise. They will also plan, organize, staff, direct, and control the course of supply network strategies within assigned categories for Caterpillar worldwide. Their team may be geographically dispersed.
They will also be expected to support the specific category worldwide, insuring the highest levels of integrity and consistency in systems, processes, policies, and practices. The incumbent may need to negotiate and provide leadership for executive level strategic agreements. The role will encompass managing a group of supply networks delivering into many Caterpillar facilities. The role requires a strong communicator capable of keeping the customer fully informed of progress and working closely with the customer to ensure all requirements are met.
· Annual spend authority greater than $2B USD with a team of approximately 70 employees globally.
· Lead the development and implementation of the supply network strategy for their specific categories, ensure they follow the 7 Step Category Strategy process, 6 Sigma Strategic Sourcing process, and to include the use of QCLDM (Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management) Total Cost of Supply methodologies.
· Adapt in a timely fashion to a changing business climate to successfully execute to a diverse range of enterprise initiatives.
· Select and develop personnel that are accountable of delivering the divisional and enterprise strategies.
· Own the supplier relationship management for their specific categories at an executive leadership level.
· Manage a high performing global team reporting directly to this position are Global Category Procurement Managers and Regional Procurement Mangers.
· Understand customer needs to insure the most value-added relationships and develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering the Global Supply Network strategy for their assigned categories. Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan.
· Identify performance gaps within the supply base and develop improvement plans for the identified gaps.
· Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
· Participate in the development of the negotiating strategy.
· Establish performance management criteria for the categories and suppliers.
· Establish global category priorities based on benefits opportunities and insure conformance and compliance with all major certifying agencies both internal and external to Caterpillar. This includes both certification as well as auditing disciplines.
· Develop, implement and negotiate an overall budget that supports the needs of the dept., including accountability for service charge negotiation, performance vs. budget and any other service charge or departmental expense issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Business, Engineering or MBA preferred.
- 15 or more years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Must have extensive experience and knowledge of the governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
- Extensive global sourcing knowledge required. Previous assignments in multiple countries preferred.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 5-10 years at the mid-senior management level.
- Experience in other disciplines.
- CPIM and CIRM, or comparable certification, preferred. Affiliation with NAPM/ISM and APICS, or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
- Proficient in speaking multiple languages.
This role will be based in Chicago or Morton, IL.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.