GTIO Director, Service Desk at McDonald's Global Technology (Chicago, IL)
McDonald's new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald's will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald's Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It's bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald's restaurant.
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald's works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It's our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the GTIO Sr. Director and working closely with the entire global technology leadership team, the GTIO Director, Service Desk will anticipate and manage the strategic and tactical needs for the Global Technology organization while overseeing the translation of business needs into effective IT processes and technical solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonald's environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Promotes a digital enterprise product/services mindset and works with the IT service management and infrastructure teams to redefine existing solutions with a more integrated, innovative and automated perspective
- Creates compelling strategies for the Global Service Desk products/services and sees them through implementation and value creation
- Partner with leaders within IT and across the business to identify, assess, and prioritize meaningful opportunities to use applications within departmental settings, and to develop the people, processes, and technologies to provide an omnichannel customer experience, supporting end-user channels, Remote Support services for GTIO / Business stakeholders
- Proactively manage vendor/supplier relationships to ensure McDonald's is getting the highest value (service/product, cost, innovation, and service) from those relationships
- Helping to lead consolidation of Global Service Desk resources to expand the Level 1 and Level 2 support offerings
- Maintain alignment with Global Service Desk on process and tool documentation, management, controls, and improvement/corrective projects
- Establish new and report of existing progress reports and performance metrics to measure IT effectiveness and productivity
- Employ continuous improvement measures and deploy automation wherever and whenever appropriate.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging high-performing teams
- 10+ years of technology capability deployment experience across multiple IT practices that may include infrastructure leadership, service management leadership, technology operations, cloud, networking, engineering, data management, security, end user computing, and business relationship management
- Familiar with ITSM best practices and associated tools, ServiceNow preferred
- Global 24x7x365 Service Desk experience in a large enterprise level environment
- Strong experience in overall Infrastructure and Operations including (Network, Cloud, End User Compute, Service Management, Engineering)
- Strong experience in process improvement, with an emphasis on analytics and process management (prior experience with Lean, and Six Sigma tools preferred)
- Ability to generate compelling business cases and translate to action
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.