Head of Customer Service - Patients and Providers at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Customer Service - Patients and Providers who will work with our cross functional teams in support of physicians who order Tempus tests.
- Lead our customer service team supporting Providers
- Empower our Customer Service colleagues to deliver great service to our ordering physicians
- Ensure that we meet established Service Level Agreements
- Manage the team through hiring, training, performing annual reviews, recognizing performance, coaching, and corrective action
- Guide, coach, train our team members
- Measure, report, and update key performance metrics
- Act as the escalation point for the field sales team and other commercial leadership team
- Work with 3rd party vendors; act as main point of contact for day to day operations
- Audit and oversight of our processes to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Ensure the team’s impact is progressing from basic customer service to delivering/ensuring customer success
- Design and scale our patient-centric customer service operations
- Continuously improve our processes/operations (e.g., new channels, new methods) to make sure we deliver great service to our ordering physicians and patients, while continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations
- Keep track of best practices in customer experience and customer service outside of Tempus. Infuse these into our operations. Bring innovation to raise our performance
- Nurture an environment that creates a talent pool for other parts of the business, balanced by the need to grow and retain talent within CS
- Liaise with cross functional groups (e.g., lab, sales, commercial, legal, product) to improve operations or resolve issues
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience in customer care or customer experience, ideally in a leadership role
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, pathologists, and nurses by telephone and email
- Exceptional track record of client management, scaling teams and exceeding KPIs.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships, both internally across departments and externally with clients, partners and vendors
- Demonstrated problem resolution and decision-making skills for operational and technical problems
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Persistent and resilient with a tenacious appetite for success