Head of Customer Support
As Sprout Social continues to lead the social media management space as a product and company, we are seeking someone who is a thought leader for Customer Support, challenging the status quo and continuing to allow us to leverage customer service as a point of difference.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, customer focused individual to lead our global Customer Support Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and a proven track record in developing and scaling Customer Support teams in the SaaS industry in a follow-the-sun model. The candidate will have experience in second line leadership, and international support coverage for a high growth technology company.
As a global Customer Support Team, Sprout Social offers 24x7 support coverage for our customers via Chat, Email, Phone and Social. Our Customer Support Team is made up of Customer Advocates (Level 1), Support Engineers (Level 2). We have Customer Advocates across 5 different cities (Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Manila and Dublin) and our mission is to create memorable and unparalleled experiences for our customers though every interaction that they have with Sprout Support.
The Head of Customer Support will be responsible for providing unparalleled support for Sprout’s 20,000+ customers. This position will report to the SVP of Operations and will be based at Sprout HQ in Chicago.
- 5+ years leading a world class Customer Service team in a high volume, 24/7, real time SaaS organization (B2B is a plus)
- Proven track record of leading organizations known for exceptional quality support
- 3+ years experience leading distributed teams and managing managers
- In-depth experience with QA processes and productivity KPIs for frontline staff
- Proven track record transforming customer experience strategy into results
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track getting buy-in across an organization (i.e. product, sales, success, executive, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of support tools (chat, ticketing, CRM) and proven strategies to leverage and optimize workflows through (Zendesk and Salesforce is a plus!)
- Social Media savvy with a natural empathy for the customer
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product.
- Meet with the entire Support team and other key stakeholders/leaders to get a better understanding of how the organization currently operates.
- You’ll do a thorough analysis of our existing processes and get a firm understanding of how we handle customer requests.
Within 3 months, you will….
- Drive the implementation of key team goals and objectives set for the second half of 2019.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to optimize efficiency and prioritizations in the customer support funnel.
- Identify trends and key performance indicators for our frontline to further enhance customer satisfaction and improve our response times.
- Create a forecasting model that ensures hiring plans are on-track and appropriately scaling with global customer growth, ticket volumes and a follow-the-sun model.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Build a 2020 hiring plan that is scalable and properly balances timezone coverage, ticket volume inflection and varying skill sets (technical, language, management, etc.).
- Improve CSAT and First Response Times.
- Have recruited and hired a world-class Support Team with strong, experienced leadership and individual contributors.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Drive intentional collaboration and influence with Engineering and Product on the roadmap to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Have mentored and develop the existing team to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory.
- Improve Resolution times.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!