Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is the only company who can discover novel biologically and clinically relevant targets or novel applications of existing therapeutics. Then design a CDX and clinical trial criteria based on clinical outcomes tied to molecular signatures. And lastly, deliver the exact patients that the data indicates will have the best response by identifying and sequencing them. Our commitment is to build the best AI platform to enable precision medicine, but we need the brightest minds in the industry to help us build upon our pharma partnerships to deliver on the promise of precision medicine.
We are looking for a Head of Alliance Management to lead our established but evolving Life Sciences Alliance Management team. As the Head of Alliance Management, you will lead a world class team that provides support and leadership across our business, operational and scientific functions. You will report to the General Manager of Data and provide exceptional, impactful leadership of the alliance management team. Your diverse priorities will be the success of our collaborative projects and strong relationships with our partners, which will allow us to fully realize the potential of our technology to transform drug discovery.
- Lead a team of Life Sciences Alliance Managers. Support the teams as they lead and manage critical external partnerships consistent with the business growth strategy and objectives; gain key stakeholders' support, and manage Tempus’ internal resources and teams
- Effectively develop the skills of a largely senior team
- Oversee the Alliance Managers as they manage contractual obligations, and advise collaboration participants on partnership implementation.
- Have a deep understanding of the different Lines of Business and Emerging Products across Tempus. Use key partnership learnings to help improve customer engagement and experience
- Manage team pipeline, KPIs, and performance. Communicate partner concerns with the Senior Leadership Team in a timely and effective way
- Work closely with finance, product management, and engineering to support the team across a range of partnerships models
- Work with senior leadership to define strategic requirements for ongoing partnership opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with existing strategy
- Help the Alliance Managers improve operations related to the partnership/engagement ground rules: protocol for formal governance meetings and procedures for decision making, project team meetings and data exchanges
- Manage how the company as a whole is perceived by the partner, and how our team is perceived by people within Tempus
Required Education & Experience::
- Ph.D. in life sciences or MBA or other advanced degree
- 6+ years of experience working in a in project management with multiple client or collaborator relationships in health technology, or healthcare systems, and technology
- 3+ years managing and coaching a team of direct reports
- Strong strategic and analytics skills, able to drive exploration of new areas in life sciences. Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives
- A track record of outstanding written and oral communication
- Ability to lead from a deal close to a successful long-term partnership.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem solver with eye towards the long game
- Experience in regulated environments, and in managing and structuring partnerships and ongoing alliances in healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other related industries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing startup-like environment
- Effective project management, relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Experience in presenting and delivering messages to internal and external audiences, reviewing and consulting agreements and maintaining rapport with partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a desire to help teams get to clarity