Help Desk-Tier 1 at Guaranteed Rate
The Financial technology space "Fintech" is booming and Guaranteed Rate is at the center of it. We are growing like crazy, and are one of the most successful Chicago startups. We are focused on automating the mortgage process for consumers. Imagine getting a mortgage with no email, no faxing, no stack of papers in 10 days or less instead of 40 or more! If you have been through the process of buying a home you know how amazing this will be. We are the #8 lender in the country and one of only 2 that is independent (not a bank) so we are in a good spot to win this race. We have already made tremendous strides and we are looking for someone who wants to help us finish the job and disrupt the entire industry.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
So what do we want from you?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Systems Support Administrator in Chicago, IL to join our innovative and passionate team.System Support Administrators are responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Documents ticket resolutions and workflow.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Previous mortgage industry experience is a plus!
- Previous work experience in an IT Help Desk role is preferred
- Ability to work under high pressure environment that is constantly evolving
- Experience in relevant Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange/Office365. As well as other applications such as Encompass, Cisco Unity/CallManager, Meraki, Box, Mimecast, and ServiceNow
- Service oriented mentality with a strong customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities with the ability to use sound judgment when escalating incident and problems
- Reliable work ethic and commitment to raising the bar by going above and beyond