Hotel IT Manager
Just like our doors, our minds are open too. Since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, London in 2006, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that, providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighborhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Then there's our eclectic program of monthly events where we bring the outside in, working with local creatives to curate events unique to each location.
We proved that style didn’t need to be sacrificed for value and honest pricing is still very much at the heart of everything we do. We opened our second London hotel in 2014, followed by Amsterdam in 2015, Paris in 2017, Williamsburg and Portland in 2018 with Los Angeles coming soon. Each hotel has its own character; however, you’ll find the familiar Hoxton Hustle, incorporating the uniqueness of their neighborhoods using local designers, artists, and illustrators for everything from interiors to wallpaper, art and neighborhood guides.
The Hoxton, Chicago is our third hotel in North America, located in the Fulton Market district, an area that is fast evolving and buzzing with a whole host of new stores, inspiring start-ups, swishy global HQs and an exciting bar and restaurants scene to match. It’s where you want to be in Chi-Town.
We have always done coworking...Since 2006 The Hoxton has been home to laptop savvy workers making use of super-fast Wi-Fi and comfy sofas as they hustle away in a place that feels like home. So it feels only natural for us to take our love for great experiences and create a space that offers everything you need to do your (other) day job or take over the world, in our stylish and comfortable surroundings.
As Tech Manager, you’d be essential in running the day to day IT operations of our new flagship hotel/co-working space at The Hoxton, Chicago.
This is an influential role in the Tech team here and we’re looking for an experienced individual who relishes the opportunity to really take ownership of all things Tech whilst keeping us secure and thinking about best practise.
What you’ll do…
The above will be your core purpose. We’re not really the type for exhaustive job descriptions, but here’s a bit more detail on how we see the role:
- Previous experience managing complex IT projects through to completion – Systems Implementations, integration
- Hotel/Bar/Restaurant Openings and all the technology involved
- The ability to recommend and implement new technologies based on market leading trends
- Managing and leveraging third party support to deliver the projects
- Ensuring that we are GDPR and PCI compliant from a networking perspective
- Thinking about how we can further improve network and application security as we scale the business
- Experience designing and managing complex network environments with multiple points of interconnectivity and WAN links
Server / Workstation Management
- Understanding how to manage multiple endpoints with many different OS flavours
- Managing multiple servers across the site, Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2019
- Working with Meraki/JAMF MDM to manage multiple endpoints
- Patch Management for Servers & Workstations
- Build Management, including laptop, desktop and upgrades
- Ensuring that IT issues are solved quickly by either the available team members or third-party support
- Ensuring that all Systems are well managed (Administration/Patching/Upgrades)
- Involvement in the yearly budget process, differentiation between CAPEX/OPEX
- Assisting with new starter and leaver process when needed
- Oversee mobile phone contract management with HOD's
- Researching and deploying market leading technology in the following areas
- Guest Room technology
- Meeting Room technology
- Cloud Phone Systems
- Hotel PMS and Restaurant POS systems
- Understanding what’s coming next and where we should be focusing in the Tech world
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to help head up the team at an exciting new hotel
- There is opportunity to grow with an exciting young company and be part of a team who are passionate about everything they do
- To work for an innovative organization, committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- You will receive a competitive package with a significant opportunity for career development
- Access to our Coworking space on evenings & weekends to work on your side-hustle
- Previous experience in IT Management across multiple sites
- Basic Networking - TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs etc.
- Experience with a wide spectrum of Tech kit from phone systems to firewalls and beyond
- Enthusiastic about Tech and developments in the Tech world
- Keen to take ownership of and pride in your work; a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to seeing work through and delivering results
- Creating an atmosphere where people can be productive, authentic to who they are and enjoy what they do
- Highly organised and detail orientated; someone you can rely on to know the answers, or where to find them
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun with it along the way
- You can take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions
- You have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to The Hoxton’s unique culture
- You work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work
- You’ll live and breathe each of The Hoxton’s leadership behaviors
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way
The Hoxton, Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. True Facts.