Identity & Access Management Engineer at Tempus
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house lab and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to an extensive cloud-based infrastructure and set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus’ approach to information security allows us to react to threats to any of the environments and workflows described above and identify and close gaps quickly. Our effective security operations engrained with comprehensive monitoring, testing, and risk management allow us to protect Tempus without reducing the speed at which we do business. You and your team set the security goals and design and deploy the products, controls, and workflows to ensure Tempus will continue to make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
As a IAM Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we provide secure and private precision medicine methodologies for our clients and their patients
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have practical experience with user directories (such as Active Directory) and experience with user lifecycle management.
- Experience configuring SAML and/or OAUTH 2.0 (+ OIDC) federated authentication and managing a IDP.
- You have experience building scripts and task-based services.
- You’ve got an understanding of best practices surrounding authentication and authorization in a data rich environment.
- Ability to manage IAM in Cloud Environments (GCP & AWS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Practical knowledge of Role-based and Attribute-based access controls
- Python, Golang, or other similar language scripting or service task building experience
- Experience administering user directory systems (AD, LDAP, etc)
- Experience administering Okta (or similar) directory and IDP products
- Experience maintaining IAM policies and roles for AWS and/or GCP
- Experience with writing Terraform configurations (AWS, GCP, and/or Okta)
- Experience with Build system (AWS Codebuild, Concourse CI, Jenkins, and/or GCP Cloud Build) use.
- Experience with implementations of OAUTH + OIDC authentication in in-house engineered applications; primarily Node JS based environment.
- Splunk search & reporting experience
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting experience, focused around IAM user experience (Password & MFA management, Authorization issues)
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status