About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
This role, based in Chicago, reports to the IT Applications Manager. GrubHub is hiring for an Analyst for the Identity & Access Management (IAM) Program will serve as the functional subject matter expert and business liaison for the Technology department. This includes administering the core IAM solutions, ensuring adherence to and providing input on policies and procedures in the area of Identity and Access Administration, Access Provisioning, Authentication and Authorization, Governance and Compliance, etc. and also working closely with members of the Technology, Security, HR, and Business teams in creating and automating efficient, consistent, and scalable processes.
This position will lead projects to provide expert identity solutions that have an impact on people and processes. The role will be responsible for protecting the data processed in the enterprise by ensuring that the appropriate people have access to the right systems at the right time.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Account lifecycle management, governance, and administration from inception to termination for employees, non-employees, and other business partners.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Single Sign On, Identity Federation, Resource Provisioning, Logical Access Control systems and Enterprise Directory Architecture and Design including directory schema, namespace and replication topology experience
- Identify and help design process enhancements for Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Work with internal teams to troubleshoot and develop Lifecycle Identity, Access Management, privileged identity strategies, architecture and implementation plans across the organization
- Experience working on employee identity attribute data flows with an SSO provider such as Okta, Active Directory, G Suite
- Knowledge and proficiency in supporting access certifications, internal and external audits
- Should have performed multiple business analysis engagements for various Identity & Access Management implementations including Sailpoint and/or Omada
- Collect requirements from customers and provide connection or design options based on how application is provisioned or hosted
- Sailpoint and Omada knowledge preferred to guide customers based on design, features and limitations
- Attend stand-ups, provide status daily and update JIRA / Zendesk for progress.
- Escalates issues to the proper point-of-contact as they arise
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in an Identity Access Management role
- 3+ years of experience in SAML, OAuth, SCIM, and other industry standard authentication/authorization solutions
- 2+ years of experience with reverse proxies, directory synchronization, role mining, identity reconciliation, levels of assurance, LDAP and Identity and Access Governance concepts.
- 2+ years of experience configuring SAML, SSO, Automation, Provisioning, De-Provisioning
- 2+ years of experience working with Okta
- 2+ years of experience with Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database architecture
- Knowledge and understanding in application life cycle (analysis to implementation to support)
- Technical knowledge of enterprise SaaS applications such as G Suite, Okta, Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, BlueJeans
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, security groups, etc
- Prior experience with Zendesk configuration and administration a plus
- Strong understanding of PC/Mac operating systems, applications, networks, and hardware
- A willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated, self-directed and customer service focused
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to tailor communications for the intended audience.
- Be able to perform all the tasks that we ask of the Service Desk technicians
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.