At Lumere, we are clinicians, researchers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approaches? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always backed by data and guided by evidence, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
What you will be doing:
As our Implementation Engineer at Lumere, you will lead our efforts to collect healthcare data from our constituent healthcare systems. You will develop and execute a plan to standardize and automate extraction processes in support of our software solutions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT professional who has worked closely with (or within) health system IT departments and is familiar with the unique challenges associated with data extraction from HIPAA covered entities. In this position, you would collaborate with our development and product management teams to standardize the data we need and then work with health system personnel to set up and automate extractions.
- Develop standardized data specifications and extraction definitions and procedures
- Work onsite with customers to write queries and troubleshoot data extractions
- Prioritize implementation schedule and tasks and communicate progress to internal stakeholders
- Work with ETL engineers to automate data intake
- An IT generalist skill set with extensive ETL experience (especially SQL, SFTP/FTPS, task automation with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell, etc.)
- BS/BA degree in healthcare informatics, information systems, computer science, or a related information technology degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in healthcare IT within a hospital or service provider that works with hospital data systems is preferred, but not required if you are a quick study
- Extensive knowledge of one of the following EHR systems, Epic or Cerner, is preferred but not a deal breaker
- Familiarity with existing healthcare databases, data sources, and industry standard measures and code sets (e.g. ICD9, CPT/HCPCS, DRG, NDC) would be a plus
- A heavy preference for personal autonomy and initiative; a self-driven learner
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishing goals, meeting deadlines, and holding yourself and others to a high standard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present solutions with both technical and non-technical arguments