Import/Export Specialist at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is searching for an Export Specialist to join our Operations team in Chicago! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. We also understand, by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Are you ready to join the team?
You look forward to working cross-functionally with various teams and partners, and you thrive on providing superb customer service. You are open to change, excited to tackle meaningful situations, and are eager to get things done (and done well). You are passionate about learning the behind-the-scene operations of a company - how things work, why they are the way they are and what we can do to make things better. Most importantly, you have a contagiously optimistic attitude.
- Understand and communicate international shipping complexities on a per country basis in APJC, AMER and EMEA regions
- Troubleshoot export compliance holds, customer routing, and international shipping exceptions
- Align couriers and forwarders with Meraki’s international shipping procedures for compliance
- Provide international shipping mentorship to customers, internal teams and sales representatives
- Assist in compiling and maintaining country profiles to ship product globally
- Audit 3PL international shipments for export accuracy (label creation, commercial documents, AES filings, Pre-shipment Inspections)
- Support import clearance issues, PSCs, duty drawback
- Maintain SOWs/SOPs/POAs with import or export brokers globally
- Knowledge of networking hardware and dual use strategic goods is a huge plus
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience managing high-volume exports and import/export compliance
- BA/BS required with a degree in International Relations, International Business, Operations Management, or International Studies preferred
- Impeccable organizational, analytical, and communications skills combined with a mindset aimed at solving meaningful problems
- Advanced Excel skills required and preferred experience using a CRM and ERP system
- Ability to navigate ACE for import entries or export declarations.
- Multilingual preferred
- Multilingual preferred
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has built an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.