Inbound Customer Service Representative (Naperville)
About This Role:
The Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact for SMS Assist customers to resolve questions, log work orders, or follow up on work orders. This role handles a variety of requests via phone or email. We are seeking an individual who will provide an amazing customer experience to every customer they interact with, takes ownership for resolving customer issues, and looks for ways to improve the customer experience.
We are looking for customer service champions – teammates who deliver a stellar customer experience on every call they take.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position
- Various Shifts Available - Operating Hours are 6am - 11pm
- Actively listen and respond to phone calls and emails from customers
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations required to ensure superior customer satisfaction
- Remain on the queue and address all requests
- Maintain open communication with Affiliates in a manner that adheres to all contracts and agreed upon Scope of Work
- Use training and resources to help customers achieve resolution
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Enter all information into our database and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Manage the scheduling and completion of all services assigned by customers
- Transfers calls to the appropriate personnel
- Identifies and responds to customer’s needs based on defined procedures with a goal of first call resolution
- Use effective and clear communication skills to provide resolution to customers
- Escalates calls to supervisor, escalations team, or other support areas when necessary and appropriate
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues and researching alternative solutions
- Document calls using proprietary software and other systems
- Responsible for achieving goals (quality, first call resolution, adherence, customer satisfaction, etc.) and contributing to team goals as outlined by the management team
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, and services to provide customers with fast and accurate information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Shift flexibility may be required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer/client orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficient on a PC and with various software programs (MS Office)
- Strong web browsing knowledge required
- Ability to thrive in a fun and fast paced environment
- Passion for customer service
Experience and Education
- Requires a high school diploma or GED, some college preferred
- 0 to 2 years of experience.
- Previous customer service experience a plus (retail, hostess, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Sick Pay, Holiday
- Advanced Training Available
- Career Growth
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.