Incident Coordinator at Braintree
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As the Incident Coordinator within Enterprise & Partner Segment Solutions at PayPal, you will create, own, and drive our Incident Management Process across the entire organization. This includes executing playbooks for outages, ensuring teams follow incident protocols, running point on both internal and external incident communication plans, and creating incident documentation.
- Execute our Incident Management process and policies across the organization, and ensure they are consistently followed
- Coordinate internal and external communications during and after incidents
- Document after incident Postmortem reflection and actions
- Evaluate and report on overall merchant experience
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand and identify critical merchant-facing metrics and reporting
- Work with application owners to establish SLAs and identify and track recurring issues
- Work with application owners to document standardized playbooks for handling common incident scenarios
- Work closely with our Site Reliability Engineers to monitor and report on service availability
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineers in the design of alerting and monitoring dashboards for our Payment Platform
What we look for in you:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication; your day-to-day involves communicating problems with a wide audience. You should feel confident working with frontline teammates, executives, enterprise merchants, and everyone in between
- Coordination; you can confidently navigate multiple communication channels to aggregate information and coordinate collaborative action across an organization
- Responsibility and focus; Comfortable with being a single point of contact during an incident. Respecting the responsibility of communicating effectively while maintaining and driving focus on resolution.
- Process-driven; you love coming up with a process and finding ways to continuously refine it as business needs change
- Flexible; you understand that issues can occur at any point, so availability, particularly during off-hours, is crucial
- Data driven problem solver; you interpret metrics to ensure we’re living up to our commitment to merchants. You use this data to proactively seek answers to the unanswered questions.
- Organizer extraordinaire; you love using tools to help solve problems, color coding and alphabetizing is your middle name, and taking notes is a favorite past time
- Technophile; you feel passionately about technology, you’re routinely the tech resource for your family and friends, and you have a strong desire to continuously learn about technical issues and systems, particularly as it relates to system monitoring and metrics