Incident Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewService Management
We are currently seeking an Incident Manager that is ready for a challenging, rewarding, and long-term engagement in a new exciting global team. In this position, the Incident Manager is the single point of contact, both internally and externally, for the service provision of the (major) incident management. This role is accountable for ensuring that the major incident process is highly effective and delivers restoration of normal service operation expeditiously while minimizing risk exposure throughout the whole incident life cycle across functional areas such as: the Operations Centers (NOC/SOC/FOC)), the Technical Service Organisation (TSO), and the Software Enterprise (SE) organization.
In this role the Incident Manager is fully empowered to lead major Incident resolution throughout the entire incident life cycle globally across the Motorola Solutions (MSI) Centralized Managed Support Operations (CMSO ) business verticals.
Additionally, the global Incident Manager will also be required to coordinate and lead activities to plan, exercise and if necessary execute Contingency Plans (CP), Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) to ensure that CMSO can continue to operate effectively in the event of a crisis situation.
- Ability to lead technical resources during a period of high stress due to a critical incident to ensure the timely resolution of incidents and problems within Production environments.
- Act as an escalation point for various support teams, the customer and external parties for issues to drive incident resolution. Lead calls between internal teams, business and stakeholders to communicate status of the recovery effort and confirm service restoration throughout the incident life cycle ensuring service delivery and SLA compliance.
- Able to manage internal and external relationships with the customer account, customer, vendors, support teams, and executive management.
- Report on Incidents with executive management and support the Account team on escalations.
- Analyze and interpret complex data in order to make appropriate recommendations/ proposals to action plans, organize work streams and sequencing of troubleshooting steps during the technical calls.
- Ensure adherence to specific customer and MSI processes and procedures. Responsible for planning and coordinating all the activities required to perform, monitor, and report on the process.
- Provide effective communications within the organization as well as with customers
- Contribute to continuous service improvement within the incident management process to align to customer business requirements and Motorola Solutions strategic objectives
- Ensure that service delivery managers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by services contracts
- Manage subcontractor deliverables and adhere to agreed scope and outcomes
- Ensure all operational incident documents, procedures and frameworks remain up to date and relevant
- Lead, manage, document and communicate incident reports and post incident reports (internal and external) and drive to conclusion
- Manage corrective actions owners and desired outcomes
- Manage, support and communicate root cause analysis
- Managed aged and idle incidents across (managed) service support groups
- Escalate risks, issues and opportunities
- Coordinates and leads activities to plan, exercise and if necessary execute Contingency Plans (CP), Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plans (DR) to ensure MSI clients and partners can continue their operations..
- Works with clients, outside consultants, suppliers and service providers as appropriate for independent BCP/DR enhancements, exercises, audits and reviews.
- Interfaces with BCP/DR plan owners to organize BCP/DR tests and exercises to improve the timeliness and quality of the team response and to ensure adequate testing of all plans.
- Develops strategies for recovery of business processes, critical functions, operations and the supporting information technologies within the specified recovery time objectives.
- Coordinates plan activation procedures for each location, activate command center(s), ensure work assessment of any damage, and facilitate salvage and restoration activities.
- Manages preparedness and response for any crisis that may arise. Facilitate identification, escalation, and notification procedures to recovery from crisis situations.
- Facilitates annual Business Impact Analysis to validate mission critical business processes, Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives meet business requirements and mitigate acceptable exposure to loss.
- Participates in the development and implementation of BCP/DR standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of BCP/DR planning activities.
- Interfaces with IT application and infrastructure component "owners" to ensure applications and systems are appropriately assessed risk ranks and that current and adequate plans exist for those determined to be mission critical.
- Promotes BCP/DR training and awareness program that will create and maintain organizational awareness and enhance skills required to develop, implement, maintain, and execute all BCP/DR initiatives.
- Prepares reports of analysis, methodology and results.
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree qualifications in engineering, information technology, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent.
- Understanding/Awareness of ITIL Service Management concepts (Incident, Problem, Change)
- Understanding of ISO 22301
- Technical training in electronics or radio communications
- Certification on Root Cause Analysis
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certification
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies.
- Business Continuity Management Certification
- IT Disaster Recovery Planning Certification
- Possesses command presence and has ability to take control of a room to engage, negotiate and influence at all levels
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- Effective stakeholder management skills (internal and external)
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Capable of working through commercial issues and recommending a course of action
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Self motivated
Health, Safety & Environment:
You will be required to:
- Promote a positive safety culture by contributing to health and safety consultation and communication, and through active participation in the reporting of hazards, incidents and near misses
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and for the health and safety of others
- Cooperate with Motorola Solutions by adhering to the organizations various policies, procedures, work practices and standard operating procedures
- Perform your role in accordance with the specific responsibilities as outlined in the OHS management system procedures
- Perform your role in accordance with Motorola Solutions fit for work requirements
- Cooperate with Motorola Solutions with regard to caring for the environment, by acting in a sustainable way and minimizing Motorola Solutions environmental impact by adhering to the organizations policies, procedures and work practices
- Candidate must have 4+ years of experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.