Industry Operations Associate at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What We Do
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to combine our next-generation sequencing and structured clinical data analytics capabilities with an innovative clinical trials network model to accelerate the pace of oncology research.
Do you find the slow pace of drug development unacceptable? Are you ready to use cutting-edge technology to accelerate the completion of cancer clinical trials? Are you passionate about improving patient access to new treatment options? We are looking for a Clinical Trial Coordinator, possessing innovative ideas and a desire to put them into action.
What you’ll do:
● Provide support for Tempus collaborations with pharmaceutical partners/CROs to employ an
innovative approach to rapid study start-up
● Support the creation of deliverables for pharma clients with a focus on quality and expeditious timelines
● Collaborate with team members in the QA of documents and templates.
● Collaborate with various teams within Tempus, to support and execute key deliverables including site operations, medical affairs, pathology, bioinformatics and data science.
● Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years of experience in working with complex clinical trials from a
site, sponsor or CRO perspective
● Understanding of FDA regulations, GCP, study start-up, clinical trial agreements, trial budgets,
IRB submission and pharma operations
● Collaborative team player
● Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
● Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and an eye towards process improvement
● Flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Experience with rapid site activation
● Travel may be required